killzone: mercenaries WOW

milkshake

Advanced Member
Just arrived today, pre ordered from shopto.net and its by far the best looking vita game i have played yet and the gameplay is brilliant, i can finally say i have a console quality fps on my vita ( resistance was ok i suppose but this is soo much better ).

Anyone else have this game? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

bmUploads_2013-01-28_974_Guerrilla_Killzone-Mercenary_031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its out already? Might buy this when i get some moola. Some decent fps action sounds spot on for my vita. I will have enough time waiting at bus-stops anyhow.

I actually was a beta tester for the multiplayer, and I have to agree, the graphics kick ass. Sadly, I'm not a FPS multiplayer fan, so I only took part so I could check out the graphics. I'll buy this once I can get it for 20 or less, but it does appear to be one of the few games that can claim PS3 level quality. The Vita would be in a lot better shape if they produced more games of this quality.

Chris

The Vita would be in a lot better shape if they produced more games of this quality.
If they had sold more of it they would have more games like that... chicken and egg situation :)
Well, they've had several console titles on the Vita, and besides Uncharted, they have all been very poor along side their console counterparts. Resistance, Call Of Duty, Assassin's Creed, Ect. 

So the "chicken & egg" argument is true when there has been no big name titles to speak of, but besides Uncharted(which was a launch title), the Vita has had several chances to deliver top notch games like Killzone, they just didn't. Sony went the cheap route and hired crap developers, instead of spending the proper time and effort to make their top titles shine.

Chris

Like killzone which is amazing!

Yeah its official launch day in the UK is today got mine a day early as usual when pre ordering online

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the Vita was a project that not everyone approved of within Sony, hence the complete drop of support from Management. Many people in Sony probably felt it was not the right way forward for a portable system.

My guess is that the Vita was a project that not everyone approved of within Sony, hence the complete drop of support from Management. Many people in Sony probably felt it was not the right way forward for a portable system.
You could be 100% right, as there seems to be a divide somewhere within the company, as the proper support just hasn't been as strong as it should be.

A few years ago, I read a statement from one of the higher ups within Sony, that said when the PS3 came along, they made a conscience decision to pretty much move all their PSP support over to that system, and that's why the well went dry(piracy was the standard excuse they used for poor sales, but not true).

I really thought the Vita was going to be way different, but it has been worse than the PSP. At least the PSP started strong, and had a very good 2-3 years. I'm hopeful with the price drop, that it can have a better late run, as it does appear that interest and sales are up. If Sony has an actual plan, it would appear to be "slow and steady wins the race", but this remains to be seen.

I actually used the remote play feature recently and it was damn cool. Handhelds are my systems of choice and within the last 6 months, I've found myself using my consoles less and less. It's just way to much effort to get in front of the TV and not have to deal with other things while I'm trying to play. If I can play PSN and full PS4 retail games on the Vita, it may become my system of choice very soon.

Chris

Back