Keyboard connection

alastor

Still Fresh
This is probably an obvious question, but anyway I will ask it.

Does it mean that if I want to connect my USB 1.1 keyboard ( I have assumed this from the fact that it needs 100mA of current ), I will have to use a USB hub connected to the USB 2.0 (only 2.0, doesn't include support for 1.1 for some reason) port of Pandora ? I mean keyboard is so common device and it was not a problem to insert it in any USB port.

Also, USB OTG port of Pandora is, of course, USB MINI B one. How come I would need to buy a keyboard with MINI B port, if USB hub would be out of question ? Do they even exist ?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Damn it, wrong section. :eek:

Sorry, but could the moderators move the topic to the General Talk section of forum ?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably an obvious question, but anyway I will ask it.

Does it mean that if I want to connect my USB 1.1 keyboard ( I have assumed this from the fact that it needs 100mA of current ), I will have to use a USB hub connected to the USB 2.0 (only 2.0, doesn't include support for 1.1 for some reason) port of Pandora ? I mean keyboard is so common device and it was not a problem to insert it in any USB port.

Also, USB OTG port of Pandora is, of course, USB MINI B one. How come I would need to buy a keyboard with MINI B port, if USB hub would be out of question ? Do they even exist ?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Damn it, wrong section. :eek:

Sorry, but could the moderators move the topic to the General Talk section of forum ?

A USB 2.0 hub should work, it does for me with the Beagleboard which has the same limitations as the Pandora it only does USB 2.0. I use a USB keyboard and mouse, both are only USB 1.1. I'm pretty sure someone with a Pandora can back me up on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, USB OTG port of Pandora is, of course, USB MINI B one. How come I would need to buy a keyboard with MINI B port, if USB hub would be out of question ?
I doubt that you can find any devices which directly use OTG cables, but a simple OTG adapter isn't very expensive, that should do it as well.

Back