Kernel 2.6

I didn't "ported it". 2.6.10 just has USB mass storage devices drivers that are compatible with our beloved GP32 when enabled at compilation time. I'm no kernel wizard ;)

Hi Ingeras,

It probably was me who you're talking about kernel 2.6.
I'm working on the port of Linux 2.6.11 (latest work done against -rc3), which is based around S3C2410, done by Ben Dooks.
I've commited my work to a new module called 'gp32linux-2.6' at sourceforge.net's CVS.

So, the situation is: the headers were ported to S3C2400, some adjusts have been made to the code, it can be compiled very fine, but the GP32 is not booting the kernel yet.
In order to debug it, I needed at least to buy a serial cable. So, I stopped development some weeks ago in order to *do* my own cable (it's expensive to import one to Brazil). I have finished it on the latest friday, day 25, which was when I tryied to boot 2.6.11-rc3 again on it, looking to see if any characters could be echoed through the serial port. As you can imagine, nothing happened, stating the rule that nothing works at the first time :)

I sent a message to the gp32linux forum, but since noone replied to it, I though noone was giving more attention to the project. I talked to Toholl about opening a mailing list at sourceforge.net, but he hasn't replied to my message (probably forgot, since he's been very busy nowadays). I still think a mailing list (and not a forum) is the best way to contact developers on this project.

You can email me directly. I'll be restarting my work on 2.6 by wednesday on this week, which is when I'll be finishing my GoboLinux work for its next release. Please contact me again and let's try to do some organized work together.

Cheers,
Lucas

----------------------------------------------------------------------

ingeras posted on Feb 28 2005 at 12:06 PM said:
Someone said he/she has ported the 2.6 kernel for the gp
can you contact me,toholl and cyberic please ...

thanks

ingeras posted on Feb 28 2005 at 12:06 PM said:
Hi Ingeras,

It probably was me,...

That`s really strange, Ingeras talking to himself about himself. :D
Account sharing?

Last edited by a moderator:
damaki posted on Feb 28 2005 at 10:41 AM said:
I didn't "ported it". 2.6.10 just has USB mass storage devices drivers that are compatible with our beloved GP32 when enabled at compilation time. I'm no kernel wizard ;)
You ported it? where/how ?

Are you saying that the GP32 is recognized as a mass storage device when running GPDrive?

I tried it on earlier kernels but it gave me some errors. Does it work now with 2.6.10 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back