Ken's Labyrinth.....

Solstar

did someone knows if teh source code is available for this game yet?it would be cool..if we can run doom,i don't see where's the problem with ken's labyrinth

there is a port of that game for opengl already so that makes me believe that the source is already open. Don't know if the game port uses sdl though... we can't use opengl!!!

i wish i had the skill to port this myself. there are a lot of very tricky puzzles in this game and i had a great time playing it. and all three episodes are now freeware....

critical posted on Apr 10 2006 at 07:37 AM said:
http://advsys.net/ken/klab.htm
Yep it had a SDL port smile.gif
It uses OpenGL too, however. The SDL usage is limited to input and audio. I'm not fully up-to-date with the state of GL libs for the GP2X at the moment... I believe there might be some API compatibility now, but perhaps it wouldn't run fast enough. Who knows?
My understanding is that the "state of GL libs" is that we have our fingers crossed waiting for Vincent to be fully ready. That will give us a robust implementation of OpenGL-ES, which is a subset of OpenGL. I would think for most OpenGL apps there will be a fair bit of work to get them to use the ES subset... for some it might simply be impractical.

And then we'll see how performance goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish i had the skill to port this myself.
me too.... :(

My understanding is that the "state of GL libs" is that we have our fingers crossed waiting for Vincent to be fully ready. That will give us a robust implementation of OpenGL-ES, which is a subset of OpenGL. I would think for most OpenGL apps there will be a fair bit of work to get them to use the ES subset... for some it might simply be impractical.

so, we'll have to wait?

Solstar posted on Apr 10 2006 at 04:01 PM said:
i wish i had the skill to port this myself.
me too.... :(

What stops you from learning if you wish so?
It's not like the devs where born with their programming knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
What stops you from learning if you wish so?
It's not like the devs where born with their programming knowledge.

i lack time...i work almost 24/7 and i don't have enough time to learn...besides,my programming skills are the same of a toaster....

Back