JXD Singularity 192 new console Android

Quote said:
Look at the rendering: That looks like a tablet with controls glued on to the sides. It probably is.
Indeed. :D  Pimped Nintendo WiiU Pad or so. Well, as long as it works...

Quote said:
Don't worry mate, one day you'll be able to order 100k units as well. :D
The question is, do they could make 100K units if needed?   ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same thing about "a tablet with controls glued on to the sides".  I still think they could have found a way to make it a little less sticky outy.  It is somewhat small (yet far from pocketable) and looking at the back again I can see that it might have a sibling that is a normal tablet.  I wonder if it would crack in half easily* since it is thin in the middle.

*not during normal use, but if shoved in a bag where it might get crushed, or during other abuse.

Don't worry mate, one day you'll be able to order 100k units as well. :D

Now we need to make it happen. P3 could have great hardware.

Tbh I think 7 inch is the best screensize for handhelds. I always liked the pyra to be larger - 7 inch is so much better for browsing, video playback and gaming. It might even stop me from buying a Pyra unless there will be a docking station option so it can replace my laptop. 
Not everyone is interesting in the smallest size possible. I just like to have the ability to easily play around with it inside my house, not outside. For outside the house entertainment I use my phone.

I can certainly see someone appreciate a device like this - as long as you don't mind to use Android, it has good game controls and the quality is not too bad.

Presenting specs that don't make sense are not a good start though - wait for the reviews before buying.

No offense, your take on how the Pyra should be, is as right or wrong as mine, but that is something that I just can't wrap my head around: Why are you interested in a device that would trade off a lot in terms of flexibility and power in order to be ultraportable , just to use it in a scenario where portability is somewhere in the middle or the end of the priority list.
Why not just use a Tablet or a Netbook and connect a wireless controller to it, if you want to play some games ?

I seriously doubt JXD would sell anywhere near 100k of these. These attract a niche market, especially at $300 and yes that includes china.   Even one of their competitors, GXD are not making the popular XD , in anywhere near those numbers.  More like a thousand to 10 thousand max. And that's a $140 device . Add to that JXDs poor reputation for their past attempts at gaming tablets which is also going to hamper sales.

Given how poorly the K1 soc has sold and how Nvidias market for their SOCs continues to dwindle.  I'd be very surprised if they didn't sell you say 10k or even much less.

Not that I have any faith what so ever that this is real or not dodgy, worth an ask anyway
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TegraK1-CD580M-A1-NVIDIA-Tegra-K1-GPU-Tegra-K1-GPU-CD580M-A1-2-100-NEW-ORIGINAL/2027126962.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.141.sBmBxc&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,0_0

I seriously doubt JXD would sell anywhere near 100k of these.

That's kind of the beauty of these chinese manufacturers, I guess. Assuming the limit is 100k, that's not 100k of these that they have to sell, that's 100k processors that they have. Once this stops selling they just turn around and make something else with them.  Can probably even use the same board and everything, just redesign the case and slap a new sticker on it.

Actualy a clever idea to team up with other companies and buy the 100k chips together. And each one then can make their own devices with lower quantities. Maybe, this way ED could get some other SoC options in the future, if he finds people that buy the chips with him.

Just getting the chips is not the only problem. Decent design support is critical to actually do anything useful with them. One of the key issues with Tegra chips in the past for ED, is that nVidia requires you to use a by them approved design house.

No offense, your take on how the Pyra should be, is as right or wrong as mine, but that is something that I just can't wrap my head around: Why are you interested in a device that would trade off a lot in terms of flexibility and power in order to be ultraportable , just to use it in a scenario where portability is somewhere in the middle or the end of the priority list.
Why not just use a Tablet or a Netbook and connect a wireless controller to it, if you want to play some games ?

A very light and small 7 " Linux Netbook with d-pad and action buttons like the Pandora would be perfect but that isn't available. I don't want a separate game controller. Pandora currently is the closest thing to my perfect device. Tablet = no keyboard -> not interested

A very light and small 7 " Linux Netbook with d-pad and action buttons like the Pandora would be perfect but that isn't available. I don't want a separate game controller. Pandora currently is the closest thing to my perfect device. Tablet = no keyboard -> not interested
I want a convertable tablet/netbook with a 9" to 11" front lit color e-ink screen, full keyboard, Linux, and a combination digitizer + capacitive touch. Unfortunately nothing even comes close to this right now... We can all dream though...

Just getting the chips is not the only problem. Decent design support is critical to actually do anything useful with them. One of the key issues with Tegra chips in the past for ED, is that nVidia requires you to use a by them approved design house.

No wonder, Tegra needs serious cooling, at least for an mobile SoC. I guess even if available, a Tegra would never fit into a Pyra case due at  least a big passive cooling solution.
Well, but there are other SoC's out there with less power consumption. All that stops ED & Co. to use these is the minimum quantity (and sometimes bad documentations). 

But why ? if you are at home, having a seperate controller isn't really unpractical, and the bigger the screen gets, the heavier it gets too, which might not be very comfortable for an extend period of time. Regarding the tablet, I was thinking more in the "convertible" direction (detachable keyboard)

I want a convertable tablet/netbook with a 9" to 11" front lit color e-ink screen, full keyboard, Linux, and a combination digitizer + capacitive touch. Unfortunately nothing even comes close to this right now... We can all dream though...
I want a Cintiq Companion 2 512gb that has 8hrs+ battery, full Linux compatibility (can work as a larger screen for the Pyra, as well as function as an ordinary Cintiq with it, and dual boot into Linux as well), a discreet but rugged cover that both doubles as a stand AND a keyboard.
... Express Keys, rocker ring, and stylus almost make up for lack of Gaming controls... so ability to use Pyra as a controller and I will be one happy Minx.
(Though in all likelihood the gaming I do on the CC2 would probably be stuff like Civ V and SC2, both of which I suspect will be a joy to set up with the Express Keys, Radial Menu, and Touch / Stylus combo.)
Oh, and the full size SD slot must swallow the whole card, not leave it sticking out as they designed it :(
Oh yes, and please make it affordable (as if..)
... Wonder how close to the mark they will be with the Companion 3?

I want a Cintiq Companion 2 512gb that has 8hrs+ battery, full Linux compatibility (can work as a larger screen for the Pyra, as well as function as an ordinary Cintiq with it, and dual boot into Linux as well), a discreet but rugged cover that both doubles as a stand AND a keyboard.
[snip]

I want something that performs as well as a high end modern desktop that can be folded up to the size of a credit card, is extremely durable, has a 17 inch or larger display that can be oriented as landscape or portrait, and has a full size tactile keyboard (tenkeyless is fine if it has a function to be able to use the number pad).  Better throw a large trackball in there.  Battery life of 8+ hours of real use with everything on and display around medium brightness.  Specific specs can be given, but I don't see a point since it is impossible.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2NS7Gkv4NNA?start=38&feature=oembed
OK, that was to be expected :)
A light and small 7 " Linux Netbook with d-pad and action buttons is really not far fetched and probably a lot easier to produce than the following already existing device:
 [*]256 MiB DDR-333 SDRAM
[*]512 MB NAND flash memory
[*]Integrated Wi-Fi 802.11b/g
[*]Integrated Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (3 Mbit/s) (Class 2, +4dBm)
[*]800×480 resolution touchscreen LCD, 4.3" widescreen, 16.7 million colors (300 cd/m2 brightness, 450:1 contrast ratio)
[*]Dual SDHC card slots (currently supporting up to 32 GB of storage each, supports SDIO)
[*]Gamepad controls with 2 shoulder buttons
[*]Dual analog nubs; 15 mm diameter, concave, 2.5 mm travel from centre[43][44]
[*]43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
[*]USB 2.0 high-speed port (480 Mbit/s) capable of providing standard 500 mA current to attached devices, USB On-The-Go supporting charging Pandora
[*]Externally accessible UART for hardware hacking and debugging
[*]Internal microphone plus ability to connect external microphone through headset[42]
[*]Headphone output up to 150 mW/channel into 16 ohms, 99 dB SNR
[*]TV output (composite and S-Video, both for PAL and NTSC)[42]
[*]Brick prevention with integrated bootloader for safe code experimentation[42]
[*]Runs the Linux kernel (2.6.x for older versions, 3.2 in the latest Super Zaxxon firmware from July 2012)[42]
[*]4200 mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery[45][46]
[*]Estimated 8.5–10+ hour battery life for games, 10+ hour battery life for video and general applications, 100+ hours for music playback (with maximum power management), and 450+ hours in suspend-to-ram[47][48]
[*]Dimensions: 140.29 mm × 83.48 mm × 29.25 mm (5.523 in × 3.287 in × 1.152 in) (314 ml) (5.51×3.27×1.06 in)
[*]Mass: 320 g (0.71 lb)

:p

I want a Pyra with the latest x64 processor from intel, with an access to every windows games, seems possible, right? :p
We would be able to play the Witcher 3 or Wasteland 2!

I want a Pyra with the latest x64 processor from intel, with an access to every windows games, seems possible, right? :p
We would be able to play the Witcher 3 or Wasteland 2!

That's not completely out of the question.  The new cherry trail atoms are some of intel's "latest" chips, are 64bit, and fit within the same power envelope as high-end mobile SoCs.  You could conceivably build a pyra-like device with an atom X7 that would play older windows games fine, and even quite a few newish games to some extent.  The HD variant in the cherry trail chips is not exactly a barn-burner by PC standards, but it's arguably on par with the mobile-centric GPUs used in high end ARM chips.