JXD Singularity 192 new console Android

Mizu13

Still Fresh
We have a new Android console  join gamers users with this hardware :

Nvidia tegra K1 2,0ghz quadcore Armv7 cortex A15 
Support opengl 4.5 / Opengl es 3.1 / Cuda 
2GB LDDR3 
7" Screen 1920x1200p 323ppi Gorilla glass three generation.
Bluetooth 4.0 / Wifi ac 2,4ghz and 5ghz .
Sound Full metal hifi bass and dual speaker
Excelent camera shot 13MP for rear camera and 1080p HD recording. and 5MP for front camera.
Battery 10000mAh for 6 hours games , 11hours for videos , 10 hours for music , 57 hours web acces , 30 days standby time. 
Android 

The price are from $299

http://www.jxd.hk/game-console/s192/

Screenshot_137.png

Screenshot_138.png

Not really interested in one myself (no keyboard -> not interested) but the hardware seems nice. I think this does show the result of having a few colourful action buttons. Without those it would have had a more mature and edgy appeal.

Wow either that screen is really power hungry, or Android is.  Only 10 hours for music, which the Pandora could easily beat with only a 4400mAh battery?

But battery life on this class of device is not as important I guess.  I still wonder what the big flaw in this device will be; JXD devices always seem to have something wrong with them.

Wow either that screen is really power hungry, or Android is.  Only 10 hours for music, which the Pandora could easily beat with only a 4400mAh battery?

But battery life on this class of device is not as important I guess.  I still wonder what the big flaw in this device will be; JXD devices always seem to have something wrong with them.

It apparently needs more power for music than for video.
Generic android handheld, totally useless. 

Battery 10000mAh for 6 hours games , 11hours for videos , 10 hours for music , 57 hours web acces , 30 days standby time. 

These numbers don't make sense.  How can music playback drain the battery faster than video playback?  Considering the poor english and spelling mistakes, I suspect this is just a typo.

I would have sold my soul for something like this when I was a kid, but as an adult, I have no use for it.  I don't carry anything with me that isn't pocketable, so I wouldn't use it outside the house.  Inside the house, I have any number of enormous displays and powerful computing/gaming machines to choose from.  But if I were 12 years old today and got to choose between this and an ipad for entertainment on long car trips or boring family functions, I'd choose this in a heartbeat.  I can't claim to be an expert on what "kids these days" are into, but I have to think there are more than a few that would still prefer something like this instead of a plain old phone/tablet.

Tbh I think 7 inch is the best screensize for handhelds. I always liked the pyra to be larger - 7 inch is so much better for browsing, video playback and gaming. It might even stop me from buying a Pyra unless there will be a docking station option so it can replace my laptop. 
Not everyone is interesting in the smallest size possible. I just like to have the ability to easily play around with it inside my house, not outside. For outside the house entertainment I use my phone.

I can certainly see someone appreciate a device like this - as long as you don't mind to use Android, it has good game controls and the quality is not too bad.

Presenting specs that don't make sense are not a good start though - wait for the reviews before buying.

Nice, those K1's are amazing SOC's this one seems to be pretty close to Turing test levels of AI. ;)

Scroll down on the linked page to find this linguistic gem : 'As the world's leading graphics company, cooperating with the mainstream game development company, NVIDIA, according to the S192’s nvidia processor, is tailor-making exclusive large-scale game based on the world's TOP100 ranking game optimization and testing.' 

Also on this page is a picture of the windows logo with the phrase 'Advanced transplant game' next to it. Anyone got a clue as to what that might mean? Will it be able to stream PC content like shield devices?

One word: Quantity.

Hmm, how's the minimum quantity to join the exclussive Tegra Club?  And how do these chinese companies calculate with compared huge numbers of units if they have no clue about how much they sell? This always puzzles me. Everyone there seems to get "cheap china devices" out of the market in no time. Poor ED has to fight hard and long and has to jump above alot of hurdles.
Well ok, this device here is only a rendering it seems so far. The Tegra eats alot of battery power and it's a compared big Handheld with the big (landscape?) screen, not suited for pockets. At least the gaming controls look right but it seems they are just copied from an X-Box Gamepad.

Friendly reminder: people dismissed the Pandora because it was "ugly" as well.  I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't suggest seriously looking beyond the appearance for what it's actually capable of and the market it's aimed at.

Friendly reminder: people dismissed the Pandora because it was "ugly" as well.  I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't suggest seriously looking beyond the appearance for what it's actually capable of and the market it's aimed at.

+1, it may be some personal taste but the Pandora clearly showed that a device can be more than it looks. However, it can be helpful to have an convincing design that people doesn't scare away at first sight.  I#ve seen alot of "cheap china devices" that look much better than the Pandora. They may be garbage inside but it surely makes people buy these devices.  

Hmm, how's the minimum quantity to join the exclussive Tegra Club?  And how do these chinese companies calculate with compared huge numbers of units if they have no clue about how much they sell? This always puzzles me. Everyone there seems to get "cheap china devices" out of the market in no time. Poor ED has to fight hard and long and has to jump above alot of hurdles.
Well ok, this device here is only a rendering it seems so far. The Tegra eats alot of battery power and it's a compared big Handheld with the big (landscape?) screen, not suited for pockets. At least the gaming controls look right but it seems they are just copied from an X-Box Gamepad.
Part of it could be that if they buy in bulk they can use the K1s on another product if this one doesn't sell well.  It is easier for them to still use them and make money.

I like ugly devices, and the Pandora is in that middle area of only being kind of ugly.  What it has going for it is that it is ugly for a reason.  The more hardcore toughbooks are ugly for a reason.  Appearance isn't very important, I suppose.  This Singularity thing seems to be ugly for no reason other than design choices.  I probably shouldn't talk about what makes a device of this sort ugly/pretty since it seems things continue to get uglier all the time imo (cars too).  One of my favorite controllers to use is from the N64; favorite to look at is probably the original NES one.  This thing is uglier than both.

The battery life seems a bit odd, as others have pointed out.  I wonder what games use the cameras.

It's probably about 100k SoCs as a minimum.
Production cost is probably a lot lower than their sales price, so even if they only sell half of them, they will still have made some money :)

One trick is that they often use the same PCBs for various devices.
Look at the rendering: That looks like a tablet with controls glued on to the sides. It probably is.
I can imagine that almost the same PCB (without controls added) will be used in some generic tablet as well.

So it's one design with simple changes for multiple devices.

Last edited by a moderator: