Jxd 301

DaveC said:
sbock said:
According to this the JXD 301 was discontinued.
Does somebody know more about it? What is the reason?

Regards,
Stephan

These Chinese MP4 players come and go almost weekly it seems. That is why I didn't know why some around here were so mental for it.

Yeah the JXD301 is no longer being made unless you want to special order a 1000units. Anyways although JXD aren't making players with ADI chips, Gemei are, they just released the X590, which we have, but it only has a 2.5" QVGA screen.

The reason the JXD 301 was stopped is because of a new chipset - the Ingenic JZ4740 - you will probably see a lot of China players having this chip and it will soon have emulation support, you guys can find out more about the chip here, we have a few players that use this chip right now:

http://www.ingenic.cn/eng/productServ/app/...CustomPage.aspx

BTW we found a USB cable charger for the 301.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jxd sucks big timer it doesn't have the best emulators here is the list:

1)cps1
2)cps2
3)sega mega cd
4)sony psx
5)final burn alpha
6)mame

sukhigp said:
Jxd sucks big timer it doesn't have the best emulators here is the list:

1)cps1
2)cps2
3)sega mega cd
4)sony psx
5)final burn alpha
6)mame
In fairness jxd could have those emus too. The main problem is that there weren't enough buttons, the screen is too small, and I am sorry, mono sound just plain sucks on a handheld these days. Stereo speakers are the standard now.

There are others using the same chip as was said, but none of those seem too great of a gaming layout either.

From what I have learned about a Chinese portable or cloned game portable is, I get the impression that they make a big one time production run of something and then stop and switch to something else. You would think that they would continue to manufacture something that sold. :huh:
I think that Gemei makes one that is sort-of like the JXD but has stereo speakers built in the unit.

@thatMP4guy

Ah, yes. Thanks for this profound information.

Regards,
Stephan

DaveC said:
I am sorry, mono sound just plain sucks on a handheld these days. Stereo speakers are the standard now.
the aim should be to have one quality speakers instead of two stereo speakers on a 4 inch device. I would say the stereo effect is very limited on all handheld consoles.

Where can I buy it ?

gp2xstore.com does not sell it anymore

I only found it at :
on ebay (China) : 105,8€. (4GB)
on ioffer.com (United States) : 106,4€. (4GB)
on scophone.com (China) : 85,9€. (2GB)
( these prices are in euro including rapid shipment to France )

I don't really trust these websites... Plus I would like to find a store in Europe, in order not to pay customs. I had to pay 50€ customs when I got my GP32 from China... <_<

I don't see any custom program yet. Is it really possible for this device to execute custom programs ?

Dom said:
I don't see any custom program yet. Is it really possible for this device to execute custom programs ?
Yes, but nobody has actually written any yet because there are no libraries (I've been using my loader to just mess around with registers directly). I'll try and make some over the summer, but exams are more important for now :). You may also want to look for the Gemei X760 which I believe is still produced and is 100% compatible.

Orkie said:
Yes, but nobody has actually written any yet because there are no libraries (I've been using my loader to just mess around with registers directly). I'll try and make some over the summer, but exams are more important for now :). You may also want to look for the Gemei X760 which I believe is still produced and is 100% compatible.
Well thats great news. I hope you can find the time to continue working on it. You'll ace your exams.

The Gemei X760 2GB is more expensive than the JXD 301 4GB.

Can the JXD 301 charge battery with USB cable ? Looks like the Gemei X760 can.
I notice they don't have the same battery : JXD 301 has a 1000mAh and Gemei X760 has a 1600mAh. Do you think it has big importance on battery life ?
Are they the same size ? Gemei X760 looks bigger.
Does the X760 have the same great screen of the JXD 301 ?
How good are the buttons of the Gemei X760 ?

Craig may well have something compatible soon, but nobody has any details yet so it's not certain if we'll have a 100% compatible device or not.

Back