Just wondering about the touch screen.

gmhuntr7

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I've been following the Pandora since May and am a proud preorderer and I've been happy to see all these features put on video, but what about the touch screen? I know the case is the last thing on the to-be-built list so is it the same for the touch screen? Ahh maybe I'm just being a little worried about another delay.

I think what gmhuntr7 was talking about was the fact that most videos don't show the touch screen being used. They are always using either a mouse, or the joypads. (I think they were using the joypads in one video... but they could have still been using the mouse... either way, no TS)

I've been wondering about that too. What's up with the touchscreen? That is only of my favorite features!

Yeah raydog's got it right. I know what the touch screen will be like but I just wanted to see we've got it functional/made.

AFAIK it's part of the screen, it wouldn't really need to be made. It's already part of the screen. I'm not sure why it's not being utilized in the videos, maybe some issues with drivers?

I guess this is because the driver is not made yet (or those devs record videos don't have it yet) OR they still have the old display.
It was mentioned that they had other displays for testing which used 640x480, those probably aren't touchscreens, and seeing that EvilDragon is still using an old pandora which even only supports 16bpp because of the software which would be easy to update, I assume that he (and the other devs who record videos) simply doesn't have a touchscreen.

//Edit: ED said that he used an USB Mouse for the menu blog entry.

Back