Just Sound From Left Speaker During Video Playback

chaozz

Still Fresh
I've seen discussions which do mention my question (http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=22244), but not a solution.

I have 2 questions about the sound during playback of video's.

1. I was watching TRON in the bus back home, but the sound only comes from 1 headphone speaker. the headphones are fine, so is the movie.

I read about bad soldering of the jack plug. Can it be fixed? I have some soldering skills.

2. If I play with my GP2x using the AV out cable on my tv, the sound (although connected with the tv via the out cable) still comes out of the GP2X, not the tv. Whats up with that?

Sorry if this has all been asked before. I tried the search and R'd T F'ing M.. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
chaozz said:
2. If I play with my GP2x using the AV out cable on my tv, the sound (although connected with the tv via the out cable) still comes out of the GP2X, not the tv. Whats up with that?

i think the speaker and the audio out share the same channel?

Vimacs said:
are you sure the headphone plug is fully in?
I checked again. It's plugged in correct. But I am a bit ashamed of myself. I said the headphones were fine, when in fact it is also mono when I plug it into my pc. So skip the first question.

The second question remains.

peelie said:
I don't understand. Why is the sound signal not send to my TV?

chaozz said:
Sorry if this has all been asked before. I tried the search and R'd T F'ing M.. ;)

It's like that on all GP2X's. If it really bothers you, you can get a headphone socket to RCA cable and connect THAT to your TV. Connecting headphones won't work because that disables the audio from the tv-out as well.

chaozz said:
Vimacs said:
are you sure the headphone plug is fully in?
I checked again. It's plugged in correct. But I am a bit ashamed of myself. I said the headphones were fine, when in fact it is also mono when I plug it into my pc. So skip the first question.

The second question remains.

peelie said:
I don't understand. Why is the sound signal not send to my TV?

is sound getting to you TV? if not then your TV out audio cable is faulty;

if you mean sound is coming from BOTH GP2X speakers and TV then that is because they use the same audio channel.

Back