Just Ordered A Gp2x Couple Questions...

tgg

Do i have to get a card reader to use the gp2x? either way can i buy one locally at a regular store like walmart? also I do have a san disk 1 gig card that i bought for my pda palm t/x will that card work ? another thing do i have to and how do i format the sd card for gp2x, can the gp2x console do it itself?

thax.....

Just format it for FAT32 from Windows or Linux and you're set. Any SD card reader will work and almost any SD card will work in the '2x, my genuine Sandisk 1GB one works excellently but even my cheaper "Dane Elec" 128MB one is fine too. You don't NEED to use SD but getting USB to work is often a lot of trouble.

Epicenter posted on Apr 3 2006 at 10:18 PM said:
Just format it for FAT32 from Windows or Linux and you're set. Any SD card reader will work and almost any SD card will work in the '2x, my genuine Sandisk 1GB one works excellently but even my cheaper "Dane Elec" 128MB one is fine too. You don't NEED to use SD but getting USB to work is often a lot of trouble.

Ok but how do i format the sd card that my palm tx is using , does the gp2x itself able to format it to fat32?

Last edited by a moderator:
While you experts are here do you have emulators that work great on this machine so i can search for them. I like sega master system, genisis, nes, snes, neogeo, gamegear, mame,turbografix.

Just right click it in My Computer, pick Format.. then FAT32 and hit "format". For emulators like GNGeo2x (NeoGeo), Genesis: DrMDx, NES: FishyNES is OK, MAME2x is the best MAME port right now .. SNES, the only tolerable game in town in SquidgeSNES which runs quite nicely. I forget the name of the SMS-GG emulator I use, but it might be the only one around right now. I haven't tried it yet, but most people seem to like GNUboy2x or whatever it is called for GB/GBC games. Turbografx, dig around. Haven't tried it yet.

The Turbo GFX emulator is pretty good might not be full speed but as my PC-Engine is broke I have nothing to compare it to...

Back