Just Noticed Something About The Ds...

RoboJoe32

I don't really believe the claims of DS's huge 3rd party support..... Remember Nintendo's promise of tons of devs for gamecube? Yeah.... Also notice, that all of the demos that were in video format, or playable, were nintendo first party, Not a single preview of a third party game...
Sound familiar?

(Gamecube showed mario kart, starfox, Zelda, etc...Before it launched, not a single third party game, And they released what? a year later? Sure, it got a small handfull of third party titles at launch and near launch, but it definatly wasn't support from hundreds of devs like they said...)

I'm still getting a DS, I just severely doubt that nintendo has somehow found 100 investors and developers to work on something with a bizarre new architecture (Dual processors, dual screens, Different hardware alltogether) Developers can't just instantly learn how to use something that odd or new overnight... Who do you'll think they'll choose to dev for?

Add to the fact it'll shun away the homebrew scene due to the dual proc build, Having to figure out WHAT screen to display what on... And just makeing it hell to code original programs, or port them.

coders are pretty clever people ;) i'm sure they'll figure out the dual processor thingumajig soon enough...

one intriguing thing i've heard is that the media the DS is gonna use will be rewritable :)

lik-sang will invent a card writer, and maybe blank cards... good for homebrew, surely? ;)

you know what would be cool for the nintendo DS, Resident Evil DS, where the top screen would be your action screen, bottom screen would be where you could watch other events happening in the same time as your char.

:eek:

thats a very nice idea, kinda of like resi evil but with more character autonomy...

wicked. Shame it's just in your head though :lol:

I think the touch scrren will introduce more originality than the dual screen. You can't look at two screens at once, so you might as well press a button on one screen to bring up a panel, rather thab the expanse of a second screen. With the touch screen you could do a decent RTS, a game like vib ribbon where you draw the sounds, and wasn't there a game for N64 where you could draw a monster and send it into battle?

Mind you, the dual screen would be good for an RPG. One of you could create the adventure (like a normal tabletop gamesmaster) and use the second screen for dragging and dropping monsters, drawing maps, typing enemy replies etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back