Just Got My Blu From Gbax.xom And...

funkyshaker

Still Fresh
...it works like a dream. No dreaded bar when playing Frodo. I am one happy person :D

For some reason it also feels alot more solid than my faulty unit from Lik-Sang. Perhaps they are building them differently. My old one used to creak and make noises - this one is perfect.

Morale of this story - pay a bit more and go with GBAX.com.

Cheers guys - I can at last play Commando on Frodo.

YIPPEEEEEEE

Heh, my GP32 has also arrived... But Suomen Posti has misplaced it. I don't believe my luck... :p

And it's propably faulty... :ph34r:

Though, I did order my unit earlier, and the bundle pack was added later to the order, so maybe my actual GP is from earlier batch... :rolleyes:

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 02:04 PM said:
Fire it up with Frodo and you will know :)

I went for the stock 133mhz version but it seems to be stable at 154 which is cool with me. It does lock up at 166 but I may get it modded one day. I am just happy that I have a unit that works. My faulty GP32 will be with Lik Sang in 5 days and then I will get refunded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neptune posted on Dec 8 2004 at 02:32 PM said:
Lucky punk *sigh* we'll all get sorted out eventually

Cheers guys - it is a kick arse piece of kit - worth waiting for!!!

Heh...

"Pay a bit more and go with GBAx"

Yeah or if you're in the US pay a LOT more... like $80 more!!!

I ordered one from another store in hong kong and payed just a few bucks more than what Lik Sang was charging, but paid less on shipping. Anyways, I'll definately let you guys know if mine has the blue bar problem.

bast525 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
Heh...

I ordered one from another store in hong kong and payed just a few bucks more than what Lik Sang was charging, but paid less on shipping. Anyways, I'll definately let you guys know if mine has the blue bar problem.

Even for us in EU the GBAx.com is a bit expensiver. In normal situation it's much better to order directly from Lik-Sang. But now, it's better to get tested unit. Hope GP will sort it out soon.

Where did you order your new GP32? BLU?

bast525 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 03:22 PM said:
Heh...

I dign't say it would be best for YOU to go there - for me it was the right choice. I ended up paying just £20 more for my BLU from GBAX, which is very reasonable. I now have a working unit and if it does go wrong I will be dealing with a company based in the UK. I must admit that Lik Sang dealt with my faulty unit in a very professional manner but from now on I would rather pay that little bit extra and get it locally.

I too thought that saving a bit would be the best bet but it turned against me. If you live in the UK then I would go with GBAX.

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 04:04 PM said:
Fire it up with Frodo and you will know :)

Hmmm, pity I don't have a SMC yet... Is the SMC DungeonGuarder came with regular rewritable? Or some sort of ROM smc? For testing, it would be perfect.

http://www.goldenshop.com.hk/AI-trad/aitrad.htm

Many thanks to Catmince for pointing this place out to me.

So far this company has been great, responding to all my emails, though there is a funny delay between them :blink: They're also in Hong Kong. I should be recieving my GP32 from them by next friday :( Woulda been sooner but I kept changing my order :p

LOL ^_^; They look dodgy but they're a really good store :D If Lik-sang didn't have FLUs for 129.99 I would have got a BLU from there.

catmince posted on Dec 8 2004 at 07:29 PM said:
LOL ^_^; They look dodgy but they're a really good store :D If Lik-sang didn't have FLUs for 129.99 I would have got a BLU from there.

:huh: Im getting a flu from liksang preaty soon.

Well it look like a BLU but this sentence confuses me a bit:

"Built-in switch on the back to turn light on/off."

As I read, maybe here, above switch used to be in FLU units.

Keep us posted, once your BLU arrive ... hope they have a different batch than LikSang.

Jarska333 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 04:41 PM said:
Hmmm, pity I don't have a SMC yet... Is the SMC DungeonGuarder came with regular rewritable? Or some sort of ROM smc? For testing, it would be perfect.

Yes, it can be erased. I did it, but it is only 16MB SMC. Better than nothing.
In GP32 Manager simply select formating SMC and you are done.

PiNa1971 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 08:52 PM said:
Jarska333 posted on Dec 8 2004 at 04:41 PM said:

Yes, it can be erased. I did it, but it is only 16MB SMC. Better than nothing.
In GP32 Manager simply select formating SMC and you are done.

Hey did you save your game to your computer. Jw

I also bought my 166Mhz BLU from GBAX and it arrived within 24 hours, i've never really had any problems with it an i've been a happy man ever since, i recommend them. :)

Well, I picked my GP32 from GBAX.com in person, and I found them to be an absolute pleasure to deal with, they definitely knew their stuff, and I can honestly say that they are not simply some faceless shipping and import place but they genuinely seem to care about their customers (I got a nice cup off tea and a very warm welcome).

I like the way they do business and have since bought several GP32`s for friends and family.

A hearty recommendation.

Back