Just Got A Caanoo But I'm Having A Problem

tekkaman

Still Fresh
Hi everyone,

I just got a used Caanoo of Ebay for my sister. The description said it was used but that the battery was replaced and the covers. It seems true because the system doesn't have any scratches, looks like new and the screen looks brand new as well, it even still have a plastic cover on it. Anyways the problem is that ocationally it fails to boot and gets stuck in the GPH logo. Also today she was using pico drive and when she exit the emulator a graphical glitch happened. Half of the screen showed the Caanoo menu and half was still showing a glitchy pico drive menu. What I did was I played a video and the screen was fine again. I returned to the menu and it was fixed also. It has only done that once though. The firmware is 1.6 So my questions are:

1- Is it normal for it to sometimes fail to boot ?
2- When exiting emulators is it normal to have a graphical glitch?

1. No. It's not normal, but it's possible. Have you considered reflashing the firmware to ensure that it's not corrupted?
2. No, but it can happen, and with any software, not just emus.

1. my caanoo never failed to boot, try as Ian recommended.
2. I get glitches when exiting some software, some crashes the caanoo completely. It depends on the software and its versions.

Don't forget to be VERY cautious during the firmware update. That's probably the only way to brick your Caanoo.
Be patient and don't interrupt the upgrade process (it might take a while) and your Caanoo should be fully charged before you start any firmware upgrade.

Thanks for the prompt reply. So far I got the system since May 15. It has fail to boot 3 times. Two of them were the first day I got it. The third was today. So you see it's not so often. I haven't reflashed the system till I verified it was crashing because of a mistake of mine or not. I read the manual I downloaded and I made sure no emulators were overclocking the system. So I guess since it's not a normal behavior, perhaps I should flash it. Which firmware do you recommend ?I think it currently has the latest. Do I need a low capacity sd for it to work ? Does the SD need to be empty ?

Now a little off topic. The system came with a nes emulator that even though it works fine it has a bug that I don't know how to exit the emulator. I tried pressing all the buttons and only been able to just shut it down.

Back