Just bought one on ebay

xtrouble

Still Fresh
First post here, I'd never even heard of Pandora until about 2 hours ago. Thanks to a link from HUKD to an offer for retro-gamer magazine, which took me to the GP2X, which led on to the Pandora. I found one on Ebay, and a wallet lightening moment later, and the deed is done.

Now to re-live Rage Racer, FF7, and especially Mr Do !

When does the postman come ?

Anyway, I'll no doubt be asking some stupid questions here very shortly, so thought I would make my introductions first ;-)

Haha nice man glad to hear you got one coming to you. Literally saw the home page read the spec list, watched 2 youtube videos and I was hooked ordered mine as a premium and got lucky and got in right away.

Welcome to the community

Welcome to the forums!

Insanity is optional. Cabbage.

Two Months

TM

(i.e. any time from 3 weeks to 3 years)

Although If your using cheapo 2nd class mail, it might be longer!

:D
Now confuse your friends by trying to describe it to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome xtrouble.

It's an amazing machine to say the least. Once opened you are hooked.

Cheers!!

@xtrouble Welcome to the community. :)

Haha nice man glad to hear you got one coming to you. Literally saw the home page read the spec list, watched 2 youtube videos and I was hooked ordered mine as a premium and got lucky and got in right away.

Welcome to the community

You must be more trusting than I am... had someone show me the Pandora site while I was at a convention... was intrigued and decided I wanted one... proceeded to lurk on the forums for 2-3 weeks before concluding it really was worth trusting my money to. and sending an email to Craig's store to place an order... didn't receive a response before Craig announced the premium pandoras so I ordered one of those instead.

- Neelix

If it does though, then he'll be in the beginning of his very own Pandora pre-order experience and in a battle with paypal.

After which he can take a low paid job in China, a slow boat home (dropping nuclear depth charges to set off some tectonic shifting on the way), set his car on fire at the garden centre down the road, rent a church hall with no wifi and finally receive his Pandora when the snow is settling shortly and he's bought the official Craigix 'from russia with love hat' to toast its arrival with some good vodka and Craigix's actual, perhaps penultimate, perhaps final, Pandora video. Topped off with some vodka/contra JaffaPNDcake that he's perfected from an earlier episode in the meantime.

Hope your Pandora arrives shortly and welcome to the boards :)

First post here, I'd never even heard of Pandora until about 2 hours ago. Thanks to a link from HUKD to an offer for retro-gamer magazine, which took me to the GP2X, which led on to the Pandora. I found one on Ebay, and a wallet lightening moment later, and the deed is done.

Anyway, I'll no doubt be asking some stupid questions here very shortly, so thought I would make my introductions first ;-)

eBay, eh. How much did you pay?

Thanks for the comments and advice, I've got that ROM set now, and a few other things I found along the way ;)

eBay, eh. How much did you pay?

This one,

http://www.ebay.co.u...E:B:BCA:GB:1465

That's a right bargain there! Congratulations, and welcome :D

Welcome to the boards Xtouble, looks like you got yourself a bargain there. I'm pretty sure that in the early days they were going for approx £600 on ebay for the console alone.

PS Mr Do! rocks on Pandora.

Indeed Mr Do! works beautifully on the Pandora. As you want to play PS1 games, I must give big props to Notaz for pcsx-rearmed on Pandora, it is frigging amazing (currently around 50% of the way through Legacy Of Kain:Blood Omen).

Normally I end up paying over the odds for things as I get too excited. Remember paying close to £200 for my Vic 20, and things have never got any better, just more grey hair ! Really looking forward to it coming now (like everyone else I guess !), I might end up buying a pristine virgin one, when they are back on sale, and selling this one on, if I really get on with it, as I know the crack on the back will bug me !

Back