Just bought my old WIZ back.

Da Dude

I just bought a WIZ. I sold it when I reseived my Pandora. But the WIZ always had something special because of it's look.
Anyone still using it? Is there still batteries available somewhere.
This one works fine, but not great.

Yes, actually I did this January. Mostly cycling through some Road Rash games because of the savings option. And Doom.
Battery holds about 2 hours now. Screen still looks excellent. Glad you have one back!

I play it from time to time.
I'm always amazed by the screen quality. The sound is also incredible.

Reactions: rSl
makes me wonder why we are excited about the pyra. back then retro gaming meant reviving these classics but now everything is rehashed. what does pyra really offer over pandora? it's slightly better in many ways but can it even emulate anything that the pandora cannot? the comments in the yt speak of a gpx "scene" and i'm hoping as soon as the pyras arrive it wont' feel so ... dead. (who am i kidding?)

oh look a video of pro fighter q. I had this, but i gave it away.

Last edited:
I'm having quite the revival atm - bought a GP32 (swapped my BLU+ for a FLU) and 2x 1st ed - just fun to play through the old homebrew stuff and discover new ones. I can't see it being long till I acquire a Wiz.

What was the homebrew scene like on the Wiz?

There are admittedly many ways to emulate and many more systems that do it (I have some of the new emulation handhelds too as well as most of the actual retro hardware) - somehow though GP/GPH consoles just make it feel right to me in a way others don't.

Back