Lost My Joystick Cap

SiIV

Website
Visit site
well the joystick cap got lost 4 times, and i only found it three, but this time it got lost in someone elses car or their house or something so its pretty much done. Anyone found any good replacements?
Also has anyone fixed their headphone socket? I never used a soldering iron and afraid to cause further damage, is it hard to do?

Do a search for joystick mods ... there's been one or two >_>

Also has anyone fixed their headphone socket? I never used a soldering iron and afraid to cause further damage, is it hard to do?

If you haven't done any soldering before then I would advise against doing it yourself, see if you can get someone to fix it for you, it's a straight forward job. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
This headphone socket issue, is that a problem with every unit? And what is the problem ?;) Bad conductivety?
Some people who bought first edition GP2xs found that it fell off if you pressed too hard (i.e. hard enough to get the plug to go in).

Fortunately my first ed unit seems to be very well attached. Return to distributor would seem to make more sense than fixing it yourself when it was obviously a manufacturing defect.

well the joystick cap got lost 4 times, and i only found it three, but this time it got lost in someone elses car or their house or something so its pretty much done. Anyone found any good replacements?

Buy davec's replacement i hear its godly.

And for the speaker thing.. return it if you dont like your gp2x unit, or open it up and solder the 4 points (its really quite easy... i have no prior knowledge of soldering and I did it in like a minute)

Reason I kept my gp2x that had a broken headjack is because:
1. It can overclock to 300mhz, I dont wanna risk getting one that cant even go to 266 :)
2. Its First edition! 2nd editions arent special :p

So i guess after i fix my headphones and buy davec's cap i'll like my gp2x again
I can't even look at it now

Back