Joystick of Centre

Arutha posted on Apr 23 2003 said:
QC = Quality Control... it may be hard to get right, but that doesn't mean that when it's wrong you let it go out the door! Not a dig on Craig, he can't double-check, and only a minor dig at Gamepark... obviously 99% of the systems are good or more people would be screaming here :).
True. I'm still waiting to hear back about this. :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Arutha posted on Apr 23 2003 said:
QC = Quality Control... it may be hard to get right, but that doesn't mean that when it's wrong you let it go out the door! Not a dig on Craig, he can't double-check, and only a minor dig at Gamepark... obviously 99% of the systems are good or more people would be screaming here :).
Yeah you cant blame anyone at GBAX as the box with my gamepark had the factory seals on it so had never been opened since leaving the factory.

Well... mine also rotates a bit, but functions perfectly. Is also bang in the centre and doesnt seem to have any play in any direction. Wonder what causes this problem anyway? Anyone know whenther being partiularly heavy-handed on the stick coud do this, and if so, would it gat more likely with time (and wear)?

Axeman posted on Apr 23 2003 said:
Well... mine also rotates a bit, but functions perfectly. Is also bang in the centre and doesnt seem to have any play in any direction. Wonder what causes this problem anyway? Anyone know whenther being partiularly heavy-handed on the stick coud do this, and if so, would it gat more likely with time (and wear)?
Mine was like this out of the box, as a friend of mine actually commented how strange it's orientation was. I doubt being heavy handed would do it, as it's fairly set in stone at it's initial positions.

I think the responsiveness of the microswitches would change with age, but not the position of the joypad.

Still waiting.

This is what mine looks like. Got my gp32 on tues but didn't really notice till I tried to play dizzy and couldn't go diagonal right. (jump) at all. i guess i need a replacement, how do i go about this any one know ?

stick.jpg

Gamepark NO......You're not supposed to copy nintendo's GBA SP launch plan :lol: (defects and such)
This does sound kinda odd....... in fact I remember my NGPC being like this. I just pressed on the joystick DIRECTLY and re-centered it. Or since GP32 uses normal screws you could recenter it yourself if you're careful.

Back