Pandora Jgles2 for pandora? ( Lightweight Java wrapper for GLES2.0 )

codifies

Very Active Member
I used to own a Pandora (and intend on getting a Pyra!) so I can't do any actual porting myself....

However, with luck I think any "porting" should be very minimal, indeed probably just a minor tweeking of a Makefile (Yeah really tempting fate there)

The codebase (with demo) is on https://github.com/chriscamacho/Jgles2

If you do fancy a crack at it please do PM me with your email and I'll gladly help you out and answer any questions you have...

I've just made some fairly major changes to the way Jgles2's native context creation works - basically its using GLFW3 behind the scenes - with no platform specific stuff, it should "just work" for the build to work automagically you will need Ant, and GLESv2, GLFW3 both with pkg-config working.

I'd love to here if any one is brave enough to give this a go!

Additionally I've just wrapped nanovg which is a lightweight vector graphics library using GLESv2 which can handle TT fonts and splines etc (can make some really nice looking output)

I'm sure ptitSeb's Minecraft port is about as optimized as can be at the moment, but could this helpful for that?

Well the reason for going down the glfw3 route was to avoid having multiple cross platform chunks of code to wrestle with...

Sorry I'd just assumed glfw3 would be an established lib on Pandora by now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure ptitSeb's Minecraft port is about as optimized as can be at the moment, but could this helpful for that?
Minecraft rely on lwgl, and GL calls. So unless jgles2 wrap the calls (I don't think it is), it wont help.

I used to own a Pandora (and intend on getting a Pyra!) so I can't do any actual porting myself....

However, with luck I think any "porting" should be very minimal, indeed probably just a minor tweeking of a Makefile (Yeah really tempting fate there)

The codebase (with demo) is on https://github.com/chriscamacho/Jgles2

If you do fancy a crack at it please do PM me with your email and I'll gladly help you out and answer any questions you have...
It's a lib, maybe framework, but with no game, right?

Its a very thin jni wrapping of the native library libglesv2 there are some very simple support routines to help you create a native context (window or full screen) and handle basic input

While it could be said to be analogous to lwjgl its now where as comprehensive nor is it intended to be...

There is sufficient code quat matrix etc in the demo to enable you to quickly take an idea to a working prototype...

There is no game included but there is a function produceAAAgame(long budget) ....

Back