Release Elemental 0.2 Released

chaosmage

Still Fresh
Elemental 0.2 is up on the app store: http://icontrolpad.com/cgi-bin/viewapp.pl?/Game/elemental.inf

Elemental
a platformer/puzzle game

Designed by chaosmage

-------------------------------------

There are three modes in Elemental:

New Game/Resume Game
This is the basic set of rooms that come with the game. New starts from the first room, Resume starts from the furthest room you've reached.

Editor
This will allow you to make your own rooms to share! They get saved as elemental_edit.elm in your user/Applications/Data folder.

Free Draw
Play with elements without having a little player character in the mix.

-------------------------------------

These are the keys and what they do! Stuff in parentheses only works in editor or free draw mode.

dpad: move guy (and select paint)
a/b button, CTRL, O, Backspace: Jump
y/x button, ALT, P, 0: Use Power
r: reload current room
Esc: menu, esc again to quit
j: take a screenshot as el.png in the appdata folder
b/n: go back a room or to the next room

e: (switch paint to eraser)
s: (save current set of rooms)
l: (load rooms from file)
c: (clear current room)
x: (copy current room to clipboard)
v: (paste room before current room)
.: (pause the movement of elements)

these are in a semi-functional state
f: toggle fullscreen mode - it runs MUCH slower. Not recommended for play.

Elemental is (c) chaosmage, 2010

Last edited:
well, this may not do much good, but I figured I would document it anyways. I was on level 3 and when I got to the exit it closed the program. I tried it again and it worked perfectly.

I enjoy this alot! It would be cool if you could have a button to restart the level. There are lots of times when stupidity can destroy a level.

Hurrray!

greenmikey said:
well, this may not do much good, but I figured I would document it anyways. I was on level 3 and when I got to the exit it closed the program. I tried it again and it worked perfectly.

I enjoy this alot! It would be cool if you could have a button to restart the level. There are lots of times when stupidity can destroy a level.

Hurrray!

Resume Game in the Pause menu resets the level.

EDIT: And according to the Topic's original post, which apparently both of us did not read... "r"

<.<

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
greenmikey said:

Hurrray!

Resume Game in the Pause menu resets the level.

EDIT: And according to the Topic's original post, which apparently both of us did not read... "r"

<.<

-God Ginrai
I am guilty of not reading the readme and I figured out how to restart the level. I guess I should invest more time into the obvious.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Posting right from my Pandora :D

Elemental seems to be a really interesting game, thanks !

Bye, Magic Sam

Back