Java problem

sukhi2011

On some websites you need java and keeps on saying java not detected,is there any way to install java.

The Java plugin is a real pain to compile, I've not been able to get it working. The Java Runtime works wonderfully, but is only useful for downloaded applications that require Java, not websites that use Java.

Yes i tried it but it still says java not detected,i`m trying to download from voobys site.

WizardStan's Java PND only works for APPLICATIONS, not for use in a web browser.

Yes i tried it but it still says java not detected,i`m trying to download from voobys site.

Why don't you read replies? They are addressing your issue directly and yet you seem not to be able to read properly.

And what's with all the forum name changes? Suhki Extreme->Ocean->Lylat Wars?

Why don't you read replies? They are addressing your issue directly and yet you seem not to be able to read properly.

And what's with all the forum name changes? Suhki Extreme->Ocean->Lylat Wars?
Oh my name changes is bugging you, that's a shame.

Not read properly well it's only used for applications,so what does this java app do,doesn't look very useful to me,what applications can it be used for.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are still websites that use java applets? I'm surprised. And someone uses those?

There are still websites that use java applets? I'm surprised. And someone uses those?
Indeed. Of those two, I'm not sure which one surprises me most. I haven't even installed the Java browser plugin on my desktop.

for example: muCommander / JDownloader
Are both of them websites,which use Java?
No, they are desktop applications. The Java PND installs the Java Runtime Environment on your Pandora such that applications written in Java can be run. To run Java on a website an additional browser plugin is required, which is not available for the Pandora.

Indeed. Of those two, I'm not sure which one surprises me most. I haven't even installed the Java browser plugin on my desktop.

for example: muCommander / JDownloader
Are both of them websites,which use Java?
No, they are desktop applications. The Java PND installs the Java Runtime Environment on your Pandora such that applications written in Java can be run. To run Java on a website an additional browser plugin is required, which is not available for the Pandora.
Is there a website which uses java meaning movie sites,that will be really cool.

It will be better if this java runtime is accepted.

i dont think any video sites use java its either flash or html or sometimes it has a media player plugin like xvid, wmv or mov but thats it.

Confirmed: Lylat Ocean Extreme is a markov chain generator.

Okay I'll admit, I'm not keen on remembering all the iterations of your username.. I don't like change... Bah!

Back