JDK

ToastBucket

Very Active Member
So a few days ago, I bought a book on Java and am currently trying to teach myself to code in Java. I've got my RMA Pandora on it's way back from Germany at the moment and would love to be able to practice coding simple programs on the Pandora when it gets here. To be able to compile and run my Java code, I need the JDK made by Sun. I saw these posts:

but I'm not sure if that java.pnd is just an interpreter, or if it includes the stuff I need to be able to compile (I believe just through javac in command line. I've been doing it all on Windows, so I don't know how it varies between Linux and Windows.) Anyone care to shed some light?

as far as I remember, the Java PND is just a JRE.

If that's true, the easiest way would be to just ssh into your home box and compile there :huh:

Would it be possible to include the JDK? There is a version for Linux and all I believe you have to do is direct the Path to the bin folder of the JDK (or at least that's what you have to do for Windows) so all of the commands are universal across the system. If this was the way that the JDK works, I could just put the folders on an SD card and edit the Paths somewhere in the OS settings to direct to that SD card, right?

The Sun JDK is x86 only until they open up their sources, sorry...

The ported JRE is from OpenJDK I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back