It's A Little Fable!

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hello,

Well I been playing this game for a few hours now, it's called Fable - The Lost Chapter. It's an amazing looking game, and has really drawn me in. I have wondered around doing good deeds for people and helping out and generally progressing etc etc... But I have a question for anyone else who has played the game:

What is the goal? is there one?

The reason I ask is it's a bit like you are living someones life but in an updated Jak and Daxter environment. Actually the environment is much better than Jak and Daxter, it's truly beautiful. But alas Graphics an A.I. doth not maketh the game. Even if people run around lighting lamps when night falls.

I just came across a house, and the sign outside it said I could buy houses and possibly live in one with my partner. Okay, is this geared up for some crazy kind of online play where people who don't have lives live it out in realtime on their PC or X-Box?

So have any of you played this, if so, can you tell me if there is a point?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:57 PM said:
Hello,

Well I been playing this game for a few hours now, it's called Fable - The Lost Chapter. It's an amazing looking game, and has really drawn me in. I have wondered around doing good deeds for people and helping out and generally progressing etc etc... But I have a question for anyone else who has played the game:

What is the goal? is there one?

The reason I ask is it's a bit like you are living someones life but in an updated Jak and Daxter environment. Actually the environment is much better than Jak and Daxter, it's truly beautiful. But alas Graphics an A.I. doth not maketh the game. Even if people run around lighting lamps when night falls.

I just came across a house, and the sign outside it said I could buy houses and possibly live in one with my partner. Okay, is this geared up for some crazy kind of online play where people who don't have lives live it out in realtime on their PC or X-Box?

So have any of you played this, if so, can you tell me if there is a point?
You can be a lesbian in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yer i have completed fable it got me playing it for hours but i completeed it in only 5 hours tho shame about the shortness of it but after completling it you can still go around all the villages which is still fun :)

this is a very good and addictive game
I finished it with a lot a secondary quests ( I missed just 1 I think, the blue mushrooms quests...Got only 3 out of 4...missed to lady at the small park you have to make her laugh by dancing)

The goal is 'moving'
In fact you can decide what you really want to be
you can look for your sister
you can enter champion arena to earn some money, you might kill the little young black girl you start your training with
it is up to you
I cant remember exactly what Ive done
so in random order:
I became mayor of a city (useless but soooooo fun)
I put a light on the truth behind a bitch whom killed her sister
I won the arena
I got a lot of cool blades and opened demons doors
I killed a lot of bad guys...(or even 'good' guys...but money is money ;) )

Sorry I wont be of much help

Good luck and enjoy your stay in this wonderful world

see you :lol:

I've got the plain old Fable for Xbox never botherd to get the Lost Chapters (It's just the same but with xtras right?) I realy enjoyed playing it. It is quite a short game but their are so many different ways to play though it. Hmm i remember when i used to sleep over my mates house and we would play it all night doing random quests... anyways yeh I thought the main object of the game was to kill Jack of Blades right? ooh sword of aons mm tasty. I've gotta say the frying pan is the best wepon..

EDIT: Sorry I get a bit caried away.

that is the name i was looking for, but I was too lazy to google it
in Lost chapter, killing Jakes is completing the 1st half of the game...that is why you may want to get 'lost chapter'...I beleive you will find it used for a few bucks now as it is already quite old

see you :lol:

Goity posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:03 PM said:
You can be a lesbian in it.
Seeing as you can only start the game as a boy, this is highly improbable. You can be gay though...

Lettuce Dude posted on Sep 9 2006 at 09:48 PM said:
I've got the plain old Fable for Xbox never botherd to get the Lost Chapters (It's just the same but with xtras right?)
Nope, Lost chapters continues after you beat Jack of Blades with a few big quests, which add about 6 hours to the game. Also it has more sidequests which add another 4 hours or so.

And yeah, up to the middle of the game, i thought there is no real story. And after all the story is very simple and seems to be recycled from dozens of mediocre RPGs...
Also the game makes you feel like you were roaming through a real world which you can explore but once you´re halfway through the Game you have seen everything and realize that you´re really more "on rails" than in most RPGs. It´s like a rally game; you can see the landscape and sometimes choose a different route, but you can never leave your track.
Still a good game, but if it weren´t for the graphicsi would have been a bit bored at times.

If you like it you should try Gothic I and II, they may be old now, the graphics still look decent though, they have a real story but are still less linear, a bigger world that is not split up into sections, more "real-world" feeling and much funnier dialogues (at least in the german version).

Fishbong posted on Sep 10 2006 at 10:36 AM said:
Seeing as you can only start the game as a boy, this is highly improbable. You can be gay though...
Ohh nooo, he can't be gay as he's cute, got a little tatto, very well dressed with the outfit I gave him, and he's just had his hair done... Wait a minute...... :blink:.

Still a good game, but if it weren´t for the graphicsi would have been a bit bored at times.

I agree with you on that point, I have been playing it this morning and some bits are a little tedious.

If you like it you should try Gothic I and II, they may be old now, the graphics still look decent though, they have a real story but are still less linear, a bigger world that is not split up into sections, more "real-world" feeling and much funnier dialogues (at least in the german version).
I will look into them.

Fable is reminding me a little of Soul Reaver II, but without the neat puzzles. I really should play that game again.
Speaking of humorous dialogue, Fable has one or two things that made me laugh my ass off. Such as one of the doors you come across challenges you to kill a load of little ogre type things. When you kill them all, the door said in a huge booming voice "You have won the challenge, I'm knackered, you may pass". I just roared with giggles.

How weird - I got Fable: Lost Chapters a couple of weeks back.

It's good in a cheerful and fun kind of way, but I thought it was just like a watered-down Oblivion, personally.
The most annoying part was the save/load. You can't just do 10 minutes because it only saves at chapter points...

Next game: Dark Messiah. Just played the demo on Steam and it was amazing

I realise I haven't answered you question at all ;)

Completed in 4 hours <_< did that evil dead to get the sword(don't want to spoil anything). Can i play from that point in the lost chapters if i buy it? Or do i have to do the same old stuff all over again?

Wite_Noiz posted on Sep 10 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
The most annoying part was the save/load. You can't just do 10 minutes because it only saves at chapter points...
You can save whenever you like. The save option is in the options menu.

Goity posted on Sep 10 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Sep 10 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
So you can become a lesbian?
I hope so.
You can only start the game as a boy, so no.

Fishbong posted on Sep 11 2006 at 10:21 AM said:
Wite_Noiz posted on Sep 10 2006 at 07:27 PM said:
You can save whenever you like. The save option is in the options menu.

Goity posted on Sep 10 2006 at 09:02 PM said:
PokeParadox posted on Sep 10 2006 at 09:37 PM said:
So you can become a lesbian?
I hope so.
You can only start the game as a boy, so no.
Can you end the game as a girl?

WarmFluffyUK posted on Sep 9 2006 at 08:04 PM said:
I'm playing a fit guy in it at the moment, he's kinda cute :)
Is he still cute?

My char was so full of scars at the age of 32, it was unbelievable :)

Back