It seems the newer screens are less efficient :/

you might find some people with their touchscreen disassembled while they cut them to remove the right part for DraStic.

Rather than brightness, I found the touch sensitivity more of an issue between batches.  My CC unit touch response was spot on. The 1GHz response is somewhat slower, sometimes I have to repeatedly touch to get a response.
That has been fixed with the latest batch :)

After many years I finally got my Pandora and noticed anything I play using SNES9X4P is extremely dark (well RoboCop VS. Terminator is very dark but the Sega emulator I can at least see the first screen), would adjusting the gamma help this out? I did some googling and could not find a thread that anyone else notices a very dark screen using this emu. Does anyone have any "recommended" settings? Other then that I am just trying to figure things out and loving the device so far!

I might consider ordering another LCD if the latest ones have improved the touch response. I concur with sebt3, the non-sensitivity of the touchscreen is the only thing about the screen that bugs me to any extent. Haven't been able to play Kami Retro very well.

Hi all,
I just signed in and am really happy to join the OP community.
I have a 1ghz pandora on its way and to be honest this thread frightens me a bit.
Is the 1 ghz screen really not as good as the older one?
I understand from what I read that the screen settings may help.
Has someone finally figured out what to do to obtain the best results?
Thanks!!!

Thanks and agreed with you two.
I am an arcade game player and all my HD cabs have matte screens.
These are better in terms of contrast and sharpness.
This change of screens reminds me what Taito did with its Vewlix cabinets. Their first model (the F version) was equipped with a very nice matte screen, lag free, etc. After two years, they decided to reduce their costs and they started to sell another version (the L version) equipped with a glossy screen, very bad in terms of lag.
Silly question, are the classic pandoras currently sold 279 euros equipped with the older screen? I read on another thread that these version only have a used CC board. Does that mean that everything else, including the screen, is brand new?
Thanks buddies!

Back