it makes a noise?

Nickie

Still Fresh
i figured something strange about my pandora, everything looks ok,

but id DOES make a parasite noise that seem related to the SD access, thru the speakers, not related to the speakers volume, and still there with the headphone plugged in

could be some kind of condensator noise perhaps ?

as i can hear it with my PC running next ime, i just wonder if they all do so?

i guess it happens, as i'm able to hear pretty high frequencies indeed :p

(and no, i'm not having discussions with my power supply :D )

Ask someone else if they can hear it before we assume anything more.

It is possible that it could be 'buzzing' somehow, but best to get another opinion.

Some folk (good ears) once reported they could hear the wifi clicking. Any chance its that?

no, it's not the wifi, it's definately file access, the noise is quite related to the SD led blinking, and running something a bit heavy (i tried with fennec) allows you to hear the read blocks :p

maybe i could hear the wifi as well but i'm not in a quiet environnment right now :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think most pandora's make a low volume high pitch noise mine does it but its not all that noticeable

i figured something strange about my pandora, everything looks ok,

but id DOES make a parasite noise that seem related to the SD access, thru the speakers, not related to the speakers volume, and still there with the headphone plugged in

could be some kind of condensator noise perhaps ?

as i can hear it with my PC running next ime, i just wonder if they all do so?
Yes, I hear that too. There's a kind of hum through the speakers, which I start hearing when I'm closing a program. It sounds like a CD being slowed down before the tray is opened (which is when the noise stops).

My unit produces a high pitched whine. I comes from the body of the machine, not the speakers. It sounds very much like a blank tape being played through a slightly squeaky player. I do hear high pitched noises, but not extra ordinarily so and others have said they hear it also. If it is common to all Pandoras then I'll get over it as it is a subtle noise, but I want to check first.

I have the volume cranked and don't hear a thing out of it, no clicks or high pitched sounds... but I'm in my 30's and most likely loosing some sound sensitivity.

Mine sometimes makes a "dong" noise, like a bell, and I don't think it comes from the speakers!

Happens very rarely, maybe once a week.

And the sound like a hard disk, I've heard that to.

My pandora makes a short, low-pitch buzz whenever I access the internal memory (upon loading minimenu, opening a file browser, etc).

I just received my unit this week, so I'll play with it a while longer and see if it gets any worse. So far it's subtle, and not really bothering me. As is the case with other users, I wanted to check first and make sure it's not a sign of impending doom.

I hear a beeping high pitch noise with SD card access. Doesn't seem to be affected by volume control.

Whenever I stop music or start music (or watch video on mplayer), I sometimes hear sound like someone just shot with railgun in unreal tournament.

I don't find it annyoining though.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is actualy pretty well known that (some) Pandoras make noises, mine does it from the beginning, you need good ears but you definitley hear every CPU usage, or other activity, maybe some onboard circuit parts do this, whatever. It also "buzzes" or "hummms" in the speakers sometimes like described in the wiki (powersave AFAIK). This actualy happend for me after I've got the new LCD cable, with the old one I never heared the Amp buzzing. But I can deal with it. ^^

My pandora whispers to me in demonic tones. I'm trying to resist what the voices are telling me, but I fear that soon I will have to submit to their wills...

Back