Is there any way to permanently hide a topic? I am SO tired of caring corner.

Those offtopic sections do serve a purpose, they are kind of like a honey pot to keep such things out of the regular sections.. 

Not entirely sure there is a method of hiding them for the regular user. As a Moderator I could permanently hide them for everyone.. but that may make some sad..  

You can just click on the image next to the thread and mark them as already read..  well if it bugs you that you see un-read threads.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not entirely sure there is a method of hiding them for the regular user. As a Moderator I could permanently hide them for everyone.. but that may make some sad..  
Indeed, I'm looking for a way for ME to not see them.  Clearly the threads are of value to some of the users.  It'd just be cool to be able to filter out threads which are never going to be of interest to me, but keep popping up in the unread list month after month after month....

What's the problem.

I ignore what I don#t care about.
The problem is when you have an active topic which doesn't interest you, it's pretty annoying having to mark it as read all the time.Especially when you browse the forum via "unread topics", which means the fastest way to mark it as read is actually /visiting/ that thread which you already know doesn't interest you.

[SIZE=13.8181819915771px]Seems easy enough to just ignore stuff not of interest...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.8181819915771px]But is it just the Caring Corner, or do you not want to be bothered by anything from the Off Topic?[/SIZE]

If the later, you could use the filters.

Clicking 'View New Content', then apply filters [Options > Filter by forum] to the forum sections you do care to see, then you'll only ever see new content from those sections.

...That is by forum sections though, rather than topic level.

I don't see a way to do it at topic level

Last edited by a moderator:
I think theres a way to just put Strigoi on ignore, so you dont see his posts.
i-love-you-too-tiny-human.jpg

You could write a script for the greasemonkey browser extension/plug-in?

Back