Is There Any Way To Get Rid Of The Lines?

OrR

Corporate games suck.
Website
grvoid.com
I've installed the newest firmware. I've tried this program and managed to improve it a little but not enough. What am I doing wrong? What settings are you using?
I'm talking horizontal lines, especially noticable if you move your GP2X or your eyes up and down.

I use these settings:

Freq: 266Mhz
Timing prescaler: 2
LCD-Clockgen. = UPLL

It helps a lot ... but they're still there, but not to the point of being annoying (like they are w/o the tweak ;) )

Doesn't help much... Will it be possible to correct this in software or does the screen just suck?

I'm certain it's a software issue ... have you played DrMDx yet? No flicker, no 'scan lines' ... even w/o the LCD tweak.

* Goes to play more Kid Chameleon *

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't because I haven't got any Genesis games, yet. I really hope it's a software issue, it makes many things look like shit...

I haven't because I haven't got any Genesis games, yet. I really hope it's a software issue, it makes many things look like shit...

Get some already!!

I buy mine at the second hand-stores, the video-game stores dropped their stock a while back and you can't find them anymore. Although I went into The Undergound in a local town a couple months back and they were selling all their SNES NES and Genesis games for $0.50 each, cool.

Then you have a legal right to a backup copy, and you are free to play it how you see fit.

I recommend trying this link: http://www.google.com/ and typing in what you want to download.

I would suggest buying a copy of Sonic the Hedgehog, millions of those where made, so it is easy to get ahold of.

I notice that the software is to blame for the scanlines in most things, but I don't recall having a problem with the DrMD and scanlines at all.

It is also possible you got a unit with a marginal LCD, I would contact your distributor to see about a replacement unit if that is the case.

You guys must be playing the games on DrMD that don't show it then. Try NHL94 and tell me you don't have scanlines mucking up the graphics. With the screen constantly scrolling up and down and fast moving players back and forth, the sprites really lose their clarity and look fuzzy. Sure, setting LCD tweaker to UPLL helps a lot, but I'll believe the scanlines are a software issue when I see a real fix for it.

By the way, does anyone else find a lack contrast to be a big issue with the screens too? I find it extremely difficult to read white text on anything but a very dark backdrop, making many of the fontend skins for things like NKnes almost unusable for me.

The scanlines are everywhere, even in DrMDX. If you can't see them it's probably because you're less sensitive to details. Check this thread for more information:

The interlace/scanlines issue

Indeed, the only time when you can't see them is before U-Boot and the kernel boots, and you have garbage in the graphics memory. That is the only time I've seen that the display is non interlaced. So it's definatly a software issue.

Back