Is There An Apple Ii Emulator

blakespot

Still Fresh
I see C64 and Atari 8-bit. What of Apple II (where I cut my teeth)?

Thanks.

blakespot

Yes.
M.E.S.S.

Yes.
M.E.S.S. Has among others, an apple II emulator.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 19 2006 at 04:38 PM said:
Yes.
M.E.S.S.

Yes.
Sweet, I used to play Oregon Trail and Montezuma's revenge on the school Apple //e computers.

I already have Revenge on the Atari800 emulator though :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Cranston Manor and Beneath the Pyramids on the Apple II were the first 'computer' games I ever played as a kid back at good ol' Minitronics, the computer store where the patient manager put up with three asshole kids day after day letting them game, teaching them to program and made me the computer geek parent I am today raising the next generation of geeks now too. :)

/em heads to the downloads section

The Apple II version of some key games are better than the C64 or Atari 8-bit conversions. Like Conan, for example. No music, but the graphics are better.

My first computer was a TI-99/4A, and my second was an Apple //c, back in 1984. I've had many Apple II's since then and it's the 8-bit line that I relate to best.

I guess I've owned most types of computers from the 80's actually. :)

The list is long, and my current "Byte Cellar" is pretty full. :)

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 20 2006 at 04:36 AM said:

:eek:

I'd hate to think what your electricity bill is. I forgot how small the IIGS computer monitor was. I basically grew up with a IIGS, ahhh memories.

Killer room. Just killer.

TelcoLou posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
Yes.
M.E.S.S.

Yes.

Yep gp2xmess has apple ][ support but it's a little slow. Overclocking would be a good help. The TI99/4a and Colecovision are the best two in there IMO. I really wish I had more time to work on it (and to be honest the desire, I'm so dissapointed w/ the joystick).

~telengard

TelcoLou posted on Jul 19 2006 at 07:38 PM said:
Yes.
M.E.S.S.

Yes.

I've tried every ROM I can throw at it and M.E.S.S. for GP2X will not "boot" an Apple. Trying for 'apple2e' emulation, and just cant get it. These roms working in all other Apple II emus I've got on machines here. I know it must be a .zip'ed ROM, and it is.

Anyone got it working? I did get M.E.S.S. to run the TI-99/4A for me on GP2X tho.

Apple II emu is my main desire on the GP2X. Thanks!

blakespot

rmatheso posted on Jul 20 2006 at 03:26 AM said:
Wanna test out Apple II games before you dl them for your GP2X?

Check out http://www.virtualapple.org

They have an in-browser emulator!

Couldn't get MESS working though. Can't find those damn Apple II bios files.

(Note: Requires Internet Explorer and Windows)
Fuckin gay. I can play Doom, NES, and old arcade games in any browser with a Java plugin. Those guys need to get with the fuckin program.

Surely SOMEONE must be running Apple II emulation under M.E.S.S. for GP2X. ...or does the lack of response mean that it actually doesn't work? Hm.

(I got Colecovision and TI-99/4A emulation going under M.E.S.S.)

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 24 2006 at 08:43 AM said:
Surely SOMEONE must be running Apple II emulation under M.E.S.S. for GP2X. ...or does the lack of response mean that it actually doesn't work? Hm.

(I got Colecovision and TI-99/4A emulation going under M.E.S.S.)

blakespot
Everything I have tried works. Tried Aztec, Rescue Raiders, Super Bunny (Can't get past loading screen, ut thats because I don't remember the button combo to start the game) at least, maybe more.
Do you have the right OS ROM files?

I haven't futzed around with it for a while, but I'll try this evening and see where my files are and what it takes to load...

I've gotten Apple 2e images working, but don't get your hopes up---it runs very slowly. I never did get 2c or 2 to work though. Not sure why. All about the bios I think...

naples39 posted on Jul 24 2006 at 08:14 PM said:
I've gotten Apple 2e images working, but don't get your hopes up---it runs very slowly. I never did get 2c or 2 to work though. Not sure why. All about the bios I think...
I got some help from a kind user - got it working. But, indeed, it runs slowly. Maybe 75-80% IIe speed. Looks good, but not so fine. Sad. Frodo runs the more complex C64 like glass. Guess a less efficient core in MESS.

Any other II emu option? Thanks.

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 20 2006 at 03:36 AM said:
The Apple II version of some key games are better than the C64 or Atari 8-bit conversions. Like Conan, for example. No music, but the graphics are better.

My first computer was a TI-99/4A, and my second was an Apple //c, back in 1984. I've had many Apple II's since then and it's the 8-bit line that I relate to best.

blakespot

I'm so jealous of everything except the macs (macs just rub me the wrong way). And now I seriously want space invaders for my wall. Cool B)

Back