Is There An App For Adjusting Clock Speed?

sold

songs in the key of AAAAAARRRGH!
I used to like how gmenu on the 2x allowed you to set clock speeds for each app or game. Is there an app for Dingux that could at least set the clock speed up or down in dmenu?

I've compiled a binary for setting the clock speed (from 200 to 430 MHz). Copy it to local/bin and execute it with cpu value; for example, cpu 360

Click! (sourcecode included)

throw every thing in /user/local/bin and writing a few diffrent speeds in to my dmenu like:

Menu Clock Speed
{
Icon = "res/CPUspeed.png"
Name = "Clock Speed"

MenuItem "200_mhz"
{
Icon = "res/cpuspeed/cpu.png"
Name = "200_mhz"
Executable = "./cpu 200"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/bin"
}
dosent seem to work what aa i doing wronge

Hi all, my first post.
A600, i think, compile a small exe file is easy for you.
You made cpu, can you make an app to :
- play a mp3 or wav file (ex : for play a small sample at dmenu start) --> 'play intro.wav'
- show an jpg or png file (exe : for show a screen (timed) just before launching snes9x or picodrive) --> 'show snes9x.png 100' (100 ms).

If it's easy for you, i think it was a good idea.
Thanx a lot for cpu

Dingoo french user.

Jeffrey John Lytle said:
throw every thing in /user/local/bin and writing a few diffrent speeds in to my dmenu like:

Menu Clock Speed
{
Icon = "res/CPUspeed.png"
Name = "Clock Speed"

MenuItem "200_mhz"
{
Icon = "res/cpuspeed/cpu.png"
Name = "200_mhz"
Executable = "./cpu 200"
WorkDir = "/usr/local/bin"
}
dosent seem to work what aa i doing wronge

yeah some would be very nice if someone can post a "how to do it" :) me no linux expert, me only presses buttons fast

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi A600, thanks for the program. Just a quick question, do you know whether there is any compatibility problem between your program and dingux? When dingux first starts up, I can do a 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq', and get the current frequency as 336000, which is the default. After I run './cpu 200', if I do a 'cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq' again, dingux will hang and requires a hard reset.

EDIT: New local image available. Overclocking integrated into dmenu.

Topic: http://a320.freeforums.org/fat32-sd-image-local-0-17-updated-02-08-2009-12-40-am-t813.html

The above link will contain links to the newest local image as it is updated.

Back