Overclocking LittleJohn to 166mhz?

Phocks

Still Fresh
How can I overclock lj? (To be able to play games like castlevania 3 and rockman 6 at fs0 with sound) All signs point to it being possible, the fact that the clock speed is shown in the lower left corner of the rom browser screen and even definitions in the source for the higher clock speeds within gpmain.c (From version 0.3),
#define CLOCK166 4

case CLOCK166:
GpClockSpeedChange (165000000, 0x2f001, 3);
break;
Is there some way to change the clock speed that I haven't seen, or would I have to try to find just what within the code I would have to change to set the 166 to the clock speed and hope that it compiles (Would be an earlier version, too)?

are you using the 0.3 version of littlejohn? castlevania 3 works perfectly for me the way it is... as far as i can tell...

Edit: if you really want to change the settings, there's some way to hexedit the .fxe... not sure how, myself though...

there's no reason to overclock little john, i use v.4, just download v.4 and you'll be fine, I play Castlevania 3 and Megaman 3-6 absolutely fine at 133mhz, frameskip 0

Castlevania runs on fs0, but at about 80% (Megaman6 only gets slow when there's 3-4 enemies at once) with medium/low sound, and with autoframeskip on, he basically disappears when he gets hit which is the main problem (My guess is that it sets it to fs1).. Does anyone know what would need to be edited? I have a hex editor, but no experience with fxes other than being a user

i don't know what the problem is , but even when i had the old version of little john before v.4, I still had Castlevania 3 and Mega Man 5 and 6 and played them flawlessly at 133mhz, in fact, I haven't played an NES game yet that doesn't play at 100% at frameskip 0 and full sound.

I know what phocks means about castlevania 3, if you get hit your character sometimes dissappears.

exg: do you change any of the options to fix this prob? otherwise it could be that the auto frameskip feature sets fs=1

Back