Pandora Is the Pandora capable of emulating a USB HID device? (Yes!)

Any news here?

I still would like to do some beta testing stuff here.

Go for the compo and you'll have good chances to win a price I think.

I recently started a full time job along with full time college, so I've been really busy. However, I will definitely try to package this up in time for the competition.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played around with g_hid a while ago to do this. It's pretty easy but you seem to need to modify the kernel board support files to actually do anything with it (you can't 'just' modprobe g_hid and then send mouse key events to /dev/g_hid as I'd expected). Of course this makes it hard to package, since a user would have to replace their kernel. A gadgetfs based solution definitely make sense, it's far easier to distribute.

I am really busy and am not getting to work on this much. If any dev wants to help that'd be great. I have the base code down. I just need to organize the code into different libraries, build a plug-in system, and make it act like a USB HUB by default. I have started on the first two, but haven't finished yet because of my busy schedule.

Yeah. I was wanting to finish for the competition. That didn't work out. Maybe I'll have it done by the next time a competition comes up.

I hope not, as it won't be to early.  ;)

As said above, you may always send my a beta version to test it for you.

I envision one day a pandora that can emulate a keyboard, mouse, a bootable cd-rom and a flash dongle all at once, for the ultimate in portable PC repair solutions, of course this day will probably never reach our beloved pandora. Your project however is an excellent start! I wish you luck in stamping the code out.

I hope not, as it won't be to early.  ;)

As said above, you may always send my a beta version to test it for you.
The only "beta" version I have at the moment acts as a PS3 controller only and has no GUI.

I envision one day a pandora that can emulate a keyboard, mouse, a bootable cd-rom and a flash dongle all at once, for the ultimate in portable PC repair solutions, of course this day will probably never reach our beloved pandora. Your project however is an excellent start! I wish you luck in stamping the code out.
If I get the plugin code worked out that would be possible.

All I want is to be able to pair 2 iControlPads with my Open Pandora and use them just like normal joysticks.

I've been away for some time now. I am out of college for the summer, so I should have a few hours every day, between work, to further this project.

Is DarkKnight512 still around?

Here's the g_hid module compiled for the pandora, i guess a front end wouldn't be too difficult, I started throwing together some code to emulate a USB Rubber Ducky, but no idea when it'll be done, anyway, here's the code and binares

http://www.pwndora.org/blogish/g_hid/ghid.tar.gz

This certainly is not a USB joystick or front end, but it is simple to modify the test app and have some fun related to what the OP suggested

but module with firmware gives a no such device error last time i checked

I currently am using the one that comes with the firmware without a problem.

Here are some more people who would love you: http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/13709-pandora-as-game-controller-on-pc/#entry258739

My offer still stands that you may contact me any time if you need some tester :) .
Yeah. Life has kept me busy and since time not spent making money is spent sleeping. I usually have little time for this. I do intend to continue my work, but sadly it will be a while. I have a tough climb in development where I am now, but once I get the code rewrite finished it should be extremely easy to add new devices, etc.

Back