Is the flashkit including hotfix 4?

Yes, I believe that when a Hotfix is released, the full firmware image is also updated with those fixes. 2010-08 means August 2010, and Hotfix 4 came out on August 30, so that sounds about right. :)

Cool. Just reflashed. Trying to get the compiler for GLbasic to work. Somehow I installed it, but it is broken. Would be cool te be able to create games for the Pandora with GLbasic.

My understanding is that the flashkit is the most up-to-date source, and will contain features which are in preparation for a hotfix (depending on the date). The hotfix process is more controlled than the flashkit updates.

To be certain about what is in the flashkit, check it's date, and check the GIT. (but I think your question was really do I need to hotfix after using the flashkit - and the answer is no, if I'm correct)

For what its worth, I tried GLBasic with Hotfix 3 and couldn't get it to work either.

From what I remember, what GLBasic really did was generate uncompiled code that then you had to transfer over to the Pandora and compile with an included script, but the script failed. I don't really remember exactly what the error messages were, but I think it couldn't find the actual compiler.

Does Getting a Linux GLBasic program up and running help at all?

I kind of hope it does, because I've been learning GLBasic and writing a tutorial on the wiki...

Yay!!!! I got it to work now. It probably wasn't related to the flashing. Gernot from GLbasic gave me a new lib file to include in the GLbasic compilers. That is then copied to the PandoraMake dir that you copy onto the SD card. You run the _compile.sh script (after once running the _install_gcc.sh script to install all the needed parts).....et voila....a binary that works on the Pandora. The Pandora is supported with GLbasic, but there were some bugs that will be sorted with a next release I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay!!!! I got it to work now. It probably wasn't related to the flashing. Gernot from GLbasic gave me a new lib file to include in the GLbasic compilers. That is then copied to the PandoraMake dir that you copy onto the SD card. You run the _compile.sh script (after once running the _install_gcc.sh script to install all the needed parts).....et voila....a binary that works on the Pandora. The Pandora is supported with GLbasic, but there were some bugs that will be sorted with a next release I guess.
If you know the details what to do to fix GLbasic please write a bug report.

If you know the details what to do to fix GLbasic please write a bug report.

The fix is on the GLbasic side....not on the Pandora itself. Gernot over at GLbasic, now knows what changes there need to be made.

Are you trying to get it to work? If so, please tell me where you are getting stuck. Did you run the installer for the glbasic compiler components (did you run _install_gcc.sh successfully)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back