Is The Descent Port Still Stopped?

exael

Website
www.ruc.pt
I was browsing around and got into darkfader's webpage.
Apparently it seems he was working on a GP32 port of Descent (which would be awesome!).

Does anyone know if it's still being developed, coz.. It was a GREAT game! Would love if someone would get their hands on it!

Craigix once said they might include Descent/Hexen/Heritic/etcetera support someday, but nothing has happened.

Decent would be a great game to have on the gp, i guess! I was addicted to it when it came out ehehe
BTW the link on the webpage is broken, does anyone still have that version? (well I have a BLU+ so it might not work)

I think Darkfader left for the Ds or something. Someone else would have to port it .

Last edited by a moderator:
Craigix once said they might include Descent/Hexen/Heritic/etcetera support someday, but nothing has happened.

??? Descent isn`t using the same engine as Doom/Heretic, etc, isn`t it?

I`m pretty sure that it uses the Quake 1 engine.

Trooper
Nope. Don't know what it uses, but it isn't quake (descent came first). In fact I'd guess that it doesn't 'use' any 'engine' because it was written back in the days when people created original games instead of just bolting something on top of existing code.

??? Descent isn`t using the same engine as Doom/Heretic, etc, isn`t it?

I`m pretty sure that it uses the Quake 1 engine.

Trooper

No, the Descent engine was ground-up. It was revised and re-used for Descent II and "Descent to Undermountain" (an AD&D game).

yeah, Descent is one game that still needs to be ported !!

i would love it ;)
(even if the control would be a little bit hard....)

Back