Is Pyra the OP's successor?

in3D

I noticed the disappearance of the OP 2 Spam section. Anywho, I thought I'd ask if anyone has seen the piezoelectric pump that GE made. It looks like it could make active cooling much more plausible in devices like OP/Pyra.

It's a device made by EvilDragon's company, same company that has been making/selling all Pandoras for a while now. It's the basic design is an upgrade to Pandora's, and they intend for it to be capable of running the same software. I hope that answers your question.

Yes it does, thanks. What of the air pump though?

Graphene is solid state. Or you could press high purity industrial diamonds into a suitable shape.  None of which are plausible, but at least its not prone to failure later on. And its very non-complex.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it gets hot enough too need active cooling, its draining the battery too quickly.

This is a pocket/mobile device, not a desktop gaming PC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure the nvidia shield has a fan in it, and I heard it's battery life is pretty good.

That's because it has a battery double the size of the Pandora.

That's because it has a battery double the size of the Pandora.
 The battery is double the size of the Pandora?  I'd hope the battery life on that thing is a bit more than just pretty good in that case. ;)

- Neelix
Well not quite double, but pretty close.. 3.7 V, 7350 mAh vs Pandora's 3.7V, 4000mAh

Would be nice if the pinout and physical size were the same, so I could add a double-capacity battery to my Pandora.... :)

D.

Oh wow... nvidia must've put a lot of work into fitting all that in there...

Not really that hard. The 18650 batteries would make a natural grip for a handheld if one on each end. Its actually easy to see why they make that pair if you see the tear down. The choice/need/form factor compliment each other really well.

Back