GP2X Is It Too Late For A Game On Gp2X?

ledow, that sounds great. There are probably lots of very talented artists around here who would love to help out if you need graphics. When the time is right, ask around :)

u9i said:
ledow, that sounds great. There are probably lots of very talented artists around here who would love to help out if you need graphics. When the time is right, ask around :)

I rarely choose games that I know will be graphics-heavy because my artistic skills are non-existent. Fortunately, it won't require much. Basically, most of the graphics in a game like that are circular "galaxy / blob" like objects. I've had some success with even my primitive artistic capability just by drawing a squiggle and then applying Irfanview's "Twirl" effect to it.

Anyway, for those who want more info on where the game is, where I need to be and how I intend to get there, I've made a forum post here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/51035-adsorb-a-wip-osmos-clone/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also working on another game; currently looks like a follow-up to my previous one, but that could change (things usually do)...

Just had a look at my hard-drive and I've lost the lot :angry: - I use virtualbox to run linux under vista and looks like I used an old snapshot at some point and have reverted to an image from 6 months ago at some point :( :(

It's been quite a long time, but I suppose an update will be welcome :)

As stated at the beginning of the thread, I've restarted the project. It's going well, as most of the tech is there. Only thing missing is the assets themselves (the tracks really). And recently I hit a wall: I was aiming for a way too complex environment. I've redone it twice already, and will do again to simplify it even more. Art is a really tricky thing it seems: it's quick and easy to do something simple - and even easier to aim too high and end up with something complex and tedious to do :)

Hi,

I do it this way: I write games, which run on my gp2x, and compile their for the other handhelds, too.

greetings, Ziz

Back