Is it possible to make the nubs mirror the dpad in any emulators?

knightron

Hi, so i've a few emulators on my Pandora. I've got the nubs working nicely on psx-rearmed and mupen. I was wondering if it's possible to mirror the dpad in other emulators? I've fiddled around with the nub settings gui, but it seems to make no change.

This is the best answer I have for you, man. Thanks for the like, tho ;)

Is there a way to make it so the nubs can be used for games in android?

I can't seem to get the nubs to configure when playing games.
I discuss the same issue here. http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/11355-tutorial-how-to-remap-android-hardware-keys/

Someone needs to add a new option in the Nub Configurator in SuperZaxxon to allow each of the numbs to be mapped to key-codes

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with EssoAir's suggestion. Some games played using DraStic are easier to play with the nub instead of the dpad.

Ok, i'm a little confuse by the replies i've gotten. Essoair, i've read that post several times, even though it's mainly about Android. From it, i gather there is no known way to assign nubs to different button presses in Angastrom (or Android for that matter). Is this correct?

On the other hand Zero3k,  your reply  implies you've used DraStic with the nubs. How did you do this?

Thanks for getting back to me guys :)

Ok, i'm a little confuse by the replies i've gotten. Essoair, i've read that post several times, even though it's mainly about Android. From it, i gather there is no known way to assign nubs to different button presses in Angastrom (or Android for that matter). Is this correct?

On the other hand Zero3k,  your reply  implies you've used DraStic with the nubs. How did you do this?

Thanks for getting back to me guys :)

I haven't been able to do it, I was just explaning why I also want it to be possible.

Ya, there's no way to do it that I know of. Aparently the nub configurator is just a UI for the drivers that exist in the OS. In order to map the nubs to keycodes the firmware would have to be rewritten. its more likely to work out for the iCP2 than the Pandora

Hi, so i've a few emulators on my Pandora. I've got the nubs working nicely on psx-rearmed and mupen. I was wondering if it's possible to mirror the dpad in other emulators? I've fiddled around with the nub settings gui, but it seems to make no change.
Well if you want to tinker there are things like:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/using-gamepad-as-keyboard-input-706963/

or

http://www.maketecheasier.com/qjoypad-keyboard-to-gamepad-mapping-for-linux/2010/05/03

to effectively do what you're talking about.  The "mouse buttons" profile in the nub configurator mirrors what you're talking about, but I'm not inclined to go through that, figure out how things are setup, and how you'd add an additional D-Pad profile to the configurator.

I could see the emulator programs also being customized to respond to inputs in the fashion you're talking as is, possibly even with just a few lines in the proper config file, but the people doing that are largely unpaid and that's a feature that's nice but not strictly necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back