Is it possible to emulate DOS ?

ZiUL

Still Fresh
:huh: Is possible to emulate ms-dos in gp32? How dificult it can be?

Yes, its probably do-able, but no, I don't know how... Nor do I know anyone who's actively working on it (I'd VERY much like it if someone DID manage to port Dos to GP32 - Commander Keen would be very nice to have on a handheld, and Jazz Jackrabbit... Tyrian... the list goes on :) )

If linux is possible, then there's no reason Dos shouldn't be - espcially since there's been versions of Dos emulators designed to run on a linux Kernel...

We can but hope :)

i would pay to have dos or linux... please somebody do it please.

The Nashwil has spoken...end of transmission

Those are the two I'm especially thinking of, although there were a LOT of other good dos proggies - and good pre-CD ones, too... which were VERY nice...

It is obvious the people posting here are not programmers :)

DOS = x86
GP32 = ARM

You do the math

/Inopia

Hello Inopia, the topic is about to emulate the dos and not run programs directly in the gp32. If mac = risc can emulate dos, why not gp32? ;)

I know, but the argument was that if the gp32 could do linux, it could do dos, wich is ofcourse nonsense.

one could port bochs ofcourse, wich is quite capable of emulating the x86. If you get it ported, you can install windows95 on your gp32, although I doubt it would be fast :)))

http://bochs.sourceforce.net for those interested

/Inopia

Back