Is Ftp Access Available?

christo930

I've tried searching the forums, but I can't find any information about ftp access to the gp32 and gp2x game files. I'd like to download all the games for both systems (I have both of them). This is the ONLY file repository on the internet that I know of and if this site disappears, some of the software would be gone forever. Plus it would be nice to have local copies. If FTP is not available is there some way to mass download the files? I tried ripping the site, but none of files are zip files. It seems they get renamed when you request them (I guess to stop people from ripping the site:)

Chris

Relax, the site is not going to disappear any time soon. Also, please don't try and rip the site, there's only limited bandwidth, and if it all gets used up, no one can download anything until the next month.

So, please be considerate and think about all the users accessing the site.

Squidge said:
Relax, the site is not going to disappear any time soon. Also, please don't try and rip the site, there's only limited bandwidth, and if it all gets used up, no one can download anything until the next month.

So, please be considerate and think about all the users accessing the site.
Or if you scrape it, set up a mirror so you're not a leach :)

For that matter, I shoudl set up a mirror one day, but no way I'm goign to bother writing a recursive wget up :p

ED -- any idea how much bandwidth does get used up?

jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
I wonder how much space the archive requires?
948 Files 2.108 GB

Or so it says on the front page of the archive, Top right of centre,

And

Bottom right of centre,

Total downloads: 980,009 Files (6266.021 GB)

Oops, The above is only for the GP32.

Below is for the GP2x

Stats are located in the same position of the GP2x part of the archive.

Top right of centre,

1,161 Files 3.630 GB

And

Bottom right of centre,

Downloads 6,686 Files (11.656 GB)

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
Back