Is A Gp2S F300 A Good Buy?

J

J_B

A Korean work mate has offered me a GP2X F300 for $250, I don’t know much about the GP2X and not too much on the net about the GP2X F300
Is it a good buy?

You havn't seen much on the net because it doesn't exist :S.

Unless you mean the gp2x f300. I'm not sure that was ever released, it was basically a black f200 with Wiz internals. I think it was ditched in preference for the new Vocamaster.

kingoddball said:
J_B if you want a GP2X f200 (Open2X) with BoB - Make an offer. I have one for sale.

GP2X - MarketPlace Link
Are you interested in a trade or part trade?
Judging by the response on the GP2X F300 is dud

Last edited by a moderator:
kingoddball said:
What's on offer? ;) ;)

I like new toys....
Flash cards for DSi
2 x iPlayer cards
1 x R4i SCHD card
1 x M3i Zero

J_B said:
kingoddball said:
What's on offer? ;) ;)

I like new toys....
Flash cards for DSi
2 x iPlayer cards
1 x R4i SCHD card
1 x M3i Zero

Unfortunately I have no need for DSi Cards :( . Kid's already have DS Lites (with no need to upgrade).

.... Any other "goodies"?

kingoddball said:
J_B said:
kingoddball said:
What's on offer? ;) ;)

I like new toys....
Flash cards for DSi
2 x iPlayer cards
1 x R4i SCHD card
1 x M3i Zero

Unfortunately I have no need for DSi Cards :( . Kid's already have DS Lites (with no need to upgrade).

.... Any other "goodies"?
Thats it I dont have much,I will have to wait

Not a worry. It's still sitting in the market place on offer.
I might stick it onto eBay on the weekend, maybe.
GP2X is a rarity on eBay.
As good ol' RedBaron found - A GP2X fully setup goes for a huge amount.

The F300 only was released in Korea. But the Wiz software are not full compatible with F300, you must to patch it to play. And I think the LCD screen needs more battery power than OLED.

kingoddball said:
Not a worry. It's still sitting in the market place on offer.
I might stick it onto eBay on the weekend, maybe.
GP2X is a rarity on eBay.
As good ol' RedBaron found - A GP2X fully setup goes for a huge amount.

Good ol RedBaron sold me his GP2X f200 for £80 including postage which I thought was an awesome deal!

Its in absolute mint condition and came with a 2gb SDcard and carry case! I couldn't believe it!

I kinda miss him actually shame some people scared him off, poor guy

trooper said:
mvickers03 said:
I kinda miss him actually shame some people scared him off, poor guy

Sssshhh, Don`t tell anyone, He`s still here. ;)

Trooper

Don't tell people!

argh.gif

Can any body answer the original question about the Voca Master GP2X F300?

Hardyx did it!
GP2X F300 (or old vocamaster) is a WIZ with GP2X case and F200 screen, so it's bigger (and better for me, i like them BIG :D, so you can watch movies and images better) and maybe need more energy. I don't remember if it uses AA batteries or another type, but $250 it too expensive: a new WIZ cost around 130€ and have the same HW (and flash player), and a F200 or F100 cost lower than $100, so i think it too expensive.
In the other hand, it's too dificult get one of them, I don't know how dificult, because they only were sold on a language academy on korea, so if you want it for collecting, maybe it's a good price, but i don't really know.

J_B said:
A Korean work mate has offered me a GP2X F300 for $250, I don’t know much about the GP2X and not too much on the net about the GP2X F300
Is it a good buy?

Sounds interesting.. I think it is as long as it has the LCD film intact and in complete boxed condition..
Yes, you can set the menu language to English and run pics and movies on it from your SD (mine says 1.0 and it has some options including Launcher and touch screen calib), apart from the Vocamaster option which is obviously in Korean..
If you don't mind...could you please ask your Korean work mate, how do you find the patches for the Wiz applications to make them compatible with a F-300? if yes where can I download the patch? I am very curious. Many Thanks :)

Hardyx said:
The F300 only was released in Korea. But the Wiz software are not full compatible with F300, you must to patch it to play. And I think the LCD screen needs more battery power than OLED.

Oh... :gp2x
how do you find the patches for the Wiz bios and software applications to make them compatible with a Vocamaster F-300? if yes do you know where can I download the patch? I am very curious. Many Thanks for any help.

Back