Iphone To Beat Out The Gp2x In Retro Emulation?

I haven't read much on it, but does the Iphone even have buttons?

I thought it was all based on touch screen.

it is going to run os x according to apple. its so nice but $500 isnt cheap, adn thats for the cheaper model (smaller capacity). i want one. badly.

If it's going to be BSD based like OSX and has plenty of horsepower ... man.
No buttons = no tactile feedback. Imagine using the GP2X thumbstick, only this time the thumbstick doesn't really exist and your thumb just kind of slides around on a glass surface. I figure that's going to suck for gaming.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Iphone To Beat Out The Gp2x In Retro Emulation?"

It's far more like a PDA than it is a GP2X.

And yes, it has no buttons.

I wonder what the SAR level is for this $600 phone. If it's anything above 0.2, you'd have to be a sap to get it.

- Alex

From what I've read, it's not a "SmartPhone" and can't have software uploaded to it. Plus it's running a cut down OSX which may only have enough to run the Widgets, the Web Browser and the phone.

Looks like a lovely device though :)

Yeh it's a pretty cool phone, but I don't trust Apple products any more.

I've had to replace my iPod 3 times so far in the past 2 years & it's just died on me again for no reason :(
Might just see if I can get my money back this time & who knows,I might even give the iPhone a go?

<_<
Then again.. maybe not lol

I think Apple are highly overrated and this will undoubtedely be overpriced - complete case of style over substance. If anyone else made this there wouldn't be half the interest and it definately won't be any good for gaming.

I think Apple are highly overrated and this will undoubtedely be overpriced - complete case of style over substance. If anyone else made this there wouldn't be half the interest and it definately won't be any good for gaming.
Apple has the best, absolutely the best, "box designers" in world history. All their hardware comes in the most fabulous forms. They're also good at UI's. On the other, their build quality is a little suspect in some areas, and their computer's lack of friendly upgradability makes them fast become dusty boatanchors in elementary school classrooms. The products are also designed for your non-techie girlfriends not you.

I am an admirer of Apple, but I will never ever buy one of their products for myself. If only out of anger over the years of astoundgly pretentious commercials.

On-topic. This phone: again with the brilliant formfactor, and probably with a great UI. But for same money I bought a blackberry, a gp2x and 3 cards, and a perfect-for-me 2Gb mp3 player (plus $80 for beer and food)

Last edited by a moderator:
in world history? that's a bit much. i don't even like the latest ipod designs :)

the person who said style over substance is right. are we talking computers though? in that case the "substance" isn't bad, just not much different from what's already out there. i enjoy using macs a lot, but really, mac/os is not that different from any other modern os, especially not their main "rival". the differences are overblown, i think...largely graphical things and trademark names. so yeah, the extra money pays for style rather than substance. especially now that they've gone to intel, i tend to just think of macs as pcs with a fashion tax :)

and like many people, i'd enjoy macs even more if there were no macheads.

it bothers me a little bit that the general population thinks apple invented the hard drive mp3 player. i wouldn't even be surprised if they claimed it at some point, woz probably says somewhere in his book that he invented mp3 playing in the 70s. and gibson, the apple ii did not have cleartype, just a fucked up display.

edit: just saw the iphone. i want one :D

Back