iPhone 5

What effect does the bigger iphone and mini iphone have on you?

• I will go to the bigger iPhone from Android! It was the only thing stopping me!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want the larger iPhone! I love my current iPhone but it is too small!!!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I hate taking up space in my pocket! Give me the mini!!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing changes, Android is still king!

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • I hate that all the options end in an exclamation point!

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • My current phone is fine, this doesn't affect me!

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

SOLGarion

So we might be getting a 4" iphone and a 2 or under one. Great news for all those people who like the iPhone but go droid for the bigger screen. What do ya'll think? Anyone interested in the mini iPhone?

Last edited by a moderator:
even if i was in the apple camp, i'd be getting pretty tired of their small incremental changes by now, it's going to be the same as the last one, with the biggest upgrade being the modem (in terms of actual usefullness, though no one will really give a crap)

One iPhone to rule them all (wireless carriers) I suppose. Don't know how much faster the A5 is off hand but can't hurt psx or n64 emulation.

Only other changes I am aware of is screen size changes which I think are a little more than incremental.

When I can sell the old iPhone model on eBay for 250-300 easy and buy the new one subsidized for 200 I don't get so upset about just incremental changes. But a 4" screen isn't really incremental, pretty big form factor change.

I'm rapidly losing interest in my iphone 4. I had a 3GS before this and I was hoping that 4 would bring an even slightly different user interface design, but no.

The menus haven't even changed colour since the very first iphone, in fact they're even still using the same ringtones and message tones. OK we recently got about ten more tones, but they all sound like freeware .wavs from 1992.

My eye is being drawn to Android every day. I did have a Nexus one in between these two, but I sold it on because I was disappointed with the app market (and also because the guy I bought it from was dishonest; he advertised it as new but it transpired that he had bought it second hand, and he even gave me a Samsung charger!), but that seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since last year.

Really the only thing that was keeping me apple was the apps, but now that android is huge and offers massive customisation options, well, apple are going to start lagging behind in my eyes.

OK so the next iphone will be bigger than the last one, but if it's exactly the same in all but size (and probably a faster processor) then I'm going to have to pass with a yawn.

I'm rapidly losing interest in my iphone 4. I had a 3GS before this and I was hoping that 4 would bring an even slightly different user interface design, but no.

The menus haven't even changed colour since the very first iphone, in fact they're even still using the same ringtones and message tones. OK we recently got about ten more tones, but they all sound like freeware .wavs from 1992.

My eye is being drawn to Android every day. I did have a Nexus one in between these two, but I sold it on because I was disappointed with the app market (and also because the guy I bought it from was dishonest; he advertised it as new but it transpired that he had bought it second hand, and he even gave me a Samsung charger!), but that seems to have come on in leaps and bounds since last year.

Really the only thing that was keeping me apple was the apps, but now that android is huge and offers massive customisation options, well, apple are going to start lagging behind in my eyes.

OK so the next iphone will be bigger than the last one, but if it's exactly the same in all but size (and probably a faster processor) then I'm going to have to pass with a yawn.

So I take it you never jailbroke? Do it for winterboard if nothing else. Can even make the iPhone have faux wp7 and android interfaces and vice versa for them with an ios interface. There is a whole world out there to exlore!!! (he says from his fully themed/skinned Zelda iPhone.

I'm considering it, but I've been put off by thoughts of having to patch it every time they release new firmware or whatever.

I want all the freedom, but with minimum fuss. If I have to constantly babysit it so that I can receive my emails and mms messages then I just can't be chuffed. Is it that bad?

This is from Engadget in reference to the rumoured iPhone nano.

"One thing's for sure: either Apple's making one, or it's not."

No shit, stellar reporting there.

This is from Engadget in reference to the rumoured iPhone nano.

"One thing's for sure: either Apple's making one, or it's not."

No shit, stellar reporting there.

Maybe they're making a Quantum iPhone, in which case due to superposition it would both exist and not exist simultaneously.

When I was a mac person the upgrade cycle didn't bug me as I would just but every other one. Apple never seems to make an upgrade worth it but if you're two behind the upgrade is worth while. I haven't bought anything Apple in a while(4 years?) though and that probably won't change unless I buy one of their notebooks.

I do like their fruits though, I must buy a bag of those a week

I'm considering it, but I've been put off by thoughts of having to patch it every time they release new firmware or whatever.

I want all the freedom, but with minimum fuss. If I have to constantly babysit it so that I can receive my emails and mms messages then I just can't be chuffed. Is it that bad?
But once you're out of jail, you can stick to you current firmware, and only upgrade when they bring something significant that is not available through jailbroken features. I'm still on 4.1 on my iPhone4, and don't plan to upgrade until something really interesting pops up in the official fw. There you go, minimum fuss.

I would pick Android over plain iOS easily, but I pick jailbroken iOS over Android. Winterboard is one reason, but there are many other.

i have an iphone 3g, and I am surprised Apple is still selling like they are... The marketplace has about 9 apps that i find are awesome(like Space invaders infinity gene, Haypi Kingdom, Uno, Robot Unicorn Attack, Icarus X, Gravity Guy, Memento, Camera Genius, Bop It! honorable mention: Emross War) Though I think androids marketplace may have those, I know it has Haypi for sure. I can't enjoy the newer games or apps because of the hardware capabilities, but one thing I find about the droid is that it has flash player, even though the iphone is getting better in that department with the help from Skyfire browser, it would be awesome to be able to watch all my shows from my phone on the go(skyfire is close to getting it up and running but doesnt support the site i go to yet :( )

You know, I'm still not convinced that I want to jail break. The Pandora takes care of all of my emulation needs, so I really would only want it for customisation, and it seems like an awful lot of effort just for that, then again it's probably worth giving it a shot before I take drastic measures

Back