LG Optimus 3D

Fzero

Advanced Member
Has anyone got one, or used someone elses?

Upgrade time and thinking this or iPhone 4, I've the old iPhone 3gs and like it's performance/smoothness. Wondering if the LG might be a better option

I know it's personal preference but interested to hear feedback of users or owners, i don't think I've ever actually used an LG before.

It's Android so will be ok for getting a couple emus on it I guess.

any thoughts?

Nice one Sony, I just read your thread - and also had a little five min demo on the LG 3D in shop.

Must say, I'm still tempted.

2 things converned me, the 3D canes the battery they said in shop, not good sales spiel but honest I guess.

Also the browser didn't seem to like 'mobile mode' for websites, such as here, it was showing it as the desktop version only, even when manually trying to click the link in the footer it just reloaded as desktop version - which isn't as nice - don't know if they'd be a workaround for that but that will annoy me I'm sure.

As for the phone, felt nice, lovely display, seemed to run really nice, very responsive to browsing, menus, flicking through photos

for a while I've wanted to get off my iPhone and jump to Android device, I'm most likely going to o get it tomorrow in my lunch break - just spend a while longer tonight watching YouTube vids of it and potential other phone to get but I think I'll get it - might kick myself when iPhone 5 comes out soon but I'm thinking won't be "much" diferent to the current model.

Let's hope LG have sorted their hardware out with this model

Calling all processor geeks!

I forgot to take ID so didn't get new phone today

just watching loads of videos on YouTube it seems more people are rating the HTC Evo 3D over this LG one, maybe these people love SenseUI, i'm not a big fan and would lose that anyway, but getting mixed comments on the chips and memory..

Can you tell which would run better?

The TI OMAP 4 1Ghz in the LG

or the SnapDragon 1.2Ghz

I would think the 1.2Ghz the obvious winner - until I hear about the LG one having dual core, dual memory and dual channel, and that these 3 combined could result in being better that the snapdragon

so, I know a few of you here know the ins and outs of processors - help please

If you're still going to be getting the LG phone i'd stick something like CyanogenMod on it as soon as possible, because LG's stock firmware tends to be awful. E.g when I had the stock LG firmware installed on my Optimus 2x I couldn't receive texts that were sent to me while my phone was switched off or out of network range.

Really? That does sound like a major flaw Lurkio - cheers for the heads up.

I was looking at that CyanogenMod last night online, and it sounded good, I most likely will get on it.

Ordered today - I thought might as well dive in or id never decide on a phone - always something nicer round the corner [samsung Prime], or on shelf already [Galaxy SII].

I have ordered online rather than in shop, this way i get a weeks 'cooling off' period which i can return it within.

If its really bad during the first few days of me abusing it, back it'll go.

I'm hoping that the dual-memory and dual-channel go some way into making it better in terms of performance. Some reviews say it does, some dont comment on it.

cheers guys - ill come back for a little rant or rave about it in a couple days no doubt

Would be interesting to see how you get on. I'm considering grabbing an Android phone, instead of whatever iPhone comes next. Although I do currently have a Motorla DEFY, which is proving to be surprisingly good.

Calling all processor geeks!

I forgot to take ID so didn't get new phone today

just watching loads of videos on YouTube it seems more people are rating the HTC Evo 3D over this LG one, maybe these people love SenseUI, i'm not a big fan and would lose that anyway, but getting mixed comments on the chips and memory..

Can you tell which would run better?

The TI OMAP 4 1Ghz in the LG

or the SnapDragon 1.2Ghz

I would think the 1.2Ghz the obvious winner - until I hear about the LG one having dual core, dual memory and dual channel, and that these 3 combined could result in being better that the snapdragon

so, I know a few of you here know the ins and outs of processors - help please

HTC Evo 3D is dual core too. The Scorpion cores aren't the same as the Cortex-A9s in the OMAP4.. at the same clock speed that A9s are faster, but at 1GHz vs 1.2GHz the difference is less obvious. Chances are that you'll have a hard time finding a clear winner in your everyday tasks and it'll come down more to which vendor supplied better software. HTC is alleged to have poorer performing browser software.

Even in 3D performance it's hard to determine a winner. The GPUs are very different (Adreno 220 vs SGX540) and seem to trade places in top spots for benchmarks. Sometimes the differences are huge. I think a lot of this has to do with what the 3D engines are optimized for, since the different platforms favor pretty different approaches (for instance Adreno performance can possibly benefit from a Z-prepass where SGX wouldn't, and the two are sensitive to different draw orders)

Thanks for your knowledge on this Exophase.

Sounds good to me too, minor difference in the performance - sounds like as you say for everyday use I'll not notice the odds, I'm holding faith that the phone will play nice, and the HTC UI doesn't do anything for me in particular so looks like I'll be good with the LG

Gadgetoid I'll feedback first impressions tomorrow after a few hours using it, arrives in the AM

cheers guys

Shall do SONY, ive not got a YT account yet but i will set one up later, probably late tonight when home.

I have it now, had a _little_ play, at work so meant to be working on other stuff besides my new phone.

3D looks nice, so far so good with the performance too, though only really moving through menus and such, havnt yet had a chance to stress it like i want to - try it out when i have things d/l and multiple web pages open, music playing ... we'll see how it performs then.

got a quick means of sharing my 3D recordings onto the 3D channel of YT though, so i will defo do this for you later mate....

Just dont expect any skills on the camera mans behalf, im no David Bailey

Cant get my 3D vids uploaded to youtube 3D channel .... though may well just be me not doing it correct where im new to this.

Took some little clips, one of the plant in my room as looked like it had good 'depth'.

Go in my Youtube 3D app and 'upload' and it confirms upload was successfull, but doesnt show under 'my uploads' tab.

If i then come out that app and go into the normal [non-3D] Youtube app, there it is, but when playing back from there its not 3D its just the 2 stereo captures side by side - like the still image below [which is the SONY warehouse that got burnt down btw]

I never had a Youtube channel so not looked into that side of things/uploading before, i just used it to watch vids before.

Do i have to assign my clips to 'channels' in order for them to show maybe?

Im thinking i have to assign it to the channel called '3D' and then it might show up under the 'my uploads' within my 3D YT app?

--cant see where you assign a channel though, only get title/description/tags.

2l1ixu.jpg

It looks good though, when i playback on the phone screen, it allows to adjust the 3D scale and really i think its best if set to under half, works well and doesnt look like a hologram like some can when the 3D is set to max

happy with the phone so far though

except ... NO MAME on Android? Whaaat?

Back