Invert screen

Dabomb08

Still Fresh
Hello,

This is my first post here.  I received my pandora and wanted to know if there is a way to invert the screen.  I searched through the forums and nothing was found.  Any help would be appreciated.

up exactly.  There isnt an option to do this from the pandora.  Unless there is something I dont know about.

Yes, and I would also like the all the normal operations to be upside down as well.  I am in the military and I would like to use do things say as watch movies while I am in my rack.  I work on a submarine.

I know with mame games [mame4all] there is an option to invert the game you want to run. Also with the Vectrex emulator you have the option to rotate the screen 90 degrees to play games.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I know with mame games [mame4all] there is an option to invert the game you want to run. Also with the Vectrex emulator you have the option to rotate the screen 90 degrees to play games.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, helps if I am playing games. 

Yes, and I would also like the all the normal operations to be upside down as well.  I am in the military and I would like to use do things say as watch movies while I am in my rack.  I work on a submarine.
Awesome! Sweet job you have there, mate~
Thanks, really awesome and rewarding.  Doing things that most people only dreamed of, well kinda.

I was poking at the framebuffer to implement something for libGL, and found this: http://bochs.info/img/IMG_0364-20130320-214610.jpg

Type this in a terminal to flip upside down:

sudo sh -c 'echo 2 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate'

To revert:

sudo sh -c 'echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fb0/rotate'
It takes effect instantly. You might see some weird side effects (absolutely terrible vsync reminiscent of a low quality analog tv signal) when trying to use some GL ES apps, but otherwise enjoy ;)

Edit: it looks like some things can trigger it to flip back. Maybe we can init omapfb directly with this option somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF !!!  :eek:  This thing is AWESOME indeed !! Now I wonder if you can also rotate in the other directions  B)

EDIT: I just tried with "2" but the display turned black... and nothing else  :(

EDIT: It works, but just for a second, then all becomes black

EDIT: after some trials (connected in ssh) with "0" and "2" now even with "0" it remains black

EDIT: I put rotate_type to "2" and now seems working for more time... but it always becomes black

Last edited by a moderator:
Another way to do it is by using LCD controller's flip features:

sudo su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0/mirror
echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/omapdss/display0/vmirror

All of this doesn't rotate the controls of course..

Back