Interest in USB OTG host adapter cables?

hmc

Hi guys,

I have ordered some OTG USB adapters from China. If there is demand for it here, I can order more.

Right now I have 5 pcs. here, which work very well with the Pandora and seem to be good enough quality to be used on a regular basis.

This is not meant to make any profit, but is is a contribution to the community.

3.60€ per piece plus shipping, for those who are interested.

Shipping is from Germany.

Shipping to Germany 0,70€

Shipping to any other country: 3,45€

Payment via Paypal.

If interested, please send a PM.

Daniel

USB_OTG.jpg

@ HMC : These look reasonably priced, doubt I'd want one myself but they look like the sort of thing that ED should be offering for sale in the Pandora shop.

It might also be worth clearly explaining what these cables are used for. From my understanding they allow a USB 1 device (keyboard, mouse, joystick etc.) to be connected to the Pandora without using a USB hub.

Hi Mr_Loon,

exactly, you can use such an adapter to connect a USB 1.1 device (e.g. input devices) directly to the Pandora, without the need for a hub.

Note, though, that the OTG port only supplies 100mA, not 500mA as the USB 2.0 port in the middle.

100mA are enough for a mouse and a keyboard, or for the receiver of a wireless mouse/keyboard combo.

However, some other devices, particluary some LAN adapters or UMTS modems not supporting USB 2.0 (thus not operable on the USB 2.0 port without a hub), cannot work on 100mA.

If a device connected to that port does not work as expected, there are two things to look at:

1. Make sure that you enabled "USB Network" (which seems to enable the entire OTG port) in Setting > Startup > Enable/Disable services on boot.

2. After plugging in the device in question, check the output of dmesg. If the device needs too much current, you will see an according log entry, such as "insufficient power" etc.

Daniel

I am interested but not at that price. I can get two OTG adapters (solid little thing instead of a cable) for 1.84 eur shipped. I would prefer a cable tho.

I am interested but not at that price. I can get two OTG adapters (solid little thing instead of a cable) for 1.84 eur shipped. I would prefer a cable tho.

As I said, no profit on my side with the given price, so I won't talk you into buying that adapter from me.

I only ask the price I paid for it. If you find it cheaper somewhere else, then go for it and please let us know the source.

Daniel

Back