GP32 installing sdl...

nerd of nerds

w00t!!!!
i need help setting sdl up in windows or linux, i would be using devkit advance in if it was windows.

thanks

Try the minigp32 package on www.gp32news.com. It uses a modified version of devkitadv and has the newest version of the SDL port included. The site's tutorials tell you everything you need to know on the setup and on how to port simple SDL sources. A couple of additional SDL demos are also on the site.

I'm repeating myself but it is fun and easy to use. I'm a big fan :D

would i be able to use minigp32 in linux??? i am trying to switch to linux because windows has been p1$$ing me off :angry:

and i have had trouble getting minigp32 to setup <_<

minigp32 don't work under linux.

I wrote a tutorial on how to install the arm gcc cross toolchain under a linux distribution. It is quite easy.
It is also easy to add the SDL lib from Chui to the linux gcc environement.

If i have time i will post a tutorial on where to put exactly the lib, include.

But as i said it is not very hard. You have to make the good links into your makefile.

good luck

yeah, i don't want, to use "normal" c++for gfx and sounds because i am more of a basic "programmer" :)lol:) and there are poooploads of sdl tutorials on the web, not that there aren't any c++ tutorials but they aren't gp32 oriented <_< do you think a gta clone (not 3 or vc!!!) would be too much for an advanced newbie?

before porting 1st such a game you may try porting little demo or little game.
You will encounters pb that you may solves. This experience will be usefull for you for a big project.

There is no GP32 oriented exemple on the internet because SDL is a cross platform library. So if you learn this SDL API you will be able to build any game your want on the GP with it.

The main difference as i explain in my tuto is that GP32 don't have keyboard, and have only 2 resolution :
320*240*8
or 320*240*16

So it is quite easy to have a SDL source compiled for GP32. It is more difficult to have the game running at once ;p

good luck

Back