Installing Games On The Wiz

WarmFluffyUK posted on May 28 2009 at 02:18 AM said:
Addition to this thread, I have taken all the icons form the other 4 threads and zipped them up HERE.
Thanks Fluffy!

Last edited by a moderator:
id love to have problems installing files on my wiz. Oh yeh mine still hasnt arrived yet

Hi,

Sorry to be conpletely dull but i've got my wiz today, have downloaded a load of roms but am not sure what to do with them from here!

Do i need to "unzip" them and if so with what programe? I'm running Vista. Do i have a progamme in vista to do it or do i need to download something to unzip and what do i do after they are unzipped?

Sorry but this is all completely new to me. I don't know what i should have when i've unzipped the file and what should be put where after!

Please help! I need a full explanation!

also note when making the INI files you need to use something like notepad ++ for it to work properly, regular notepad and that doesn't work.

Mr.Y said:
Hi,

Sorry to be conpletely dull but i've got my wiz today, have downloaded a load of roms but am not sure what to do with them from here!

Do i need to "unzip" them and if so with what programe? I'm running Vista. Do i have a progamme in vista to do it or do i need to download something to unzip and what do i do after they are unzipped?

Sorry but this is all completely new to me. I don't know what i should have when i've unzipped the file and what should be put where after!

Please help! I need a full explanation!

First you'll need an emulator to play them. You get them from here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi
Download one and unzip it to the game folder on the SD card keeping it in it's own folder.(eg. game/picodrive)
The .INI file (mentioned above) just goes in the game folder. (You might have one in the download or you might have to make one)
The ROMs you've got might not need to be unzipped, check the readme in the download about where to put them. (If it's got one!)
There's a lot of info here: http://www.gp2xwiz.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page
Good luck, if you get stuck just repost somebody should be able to help further. :)

Hay,

I've got my wiz and have managed to get the Pico drive, master system and snes emus working brilliantly. If that wasn't enough to be getting on with! I'm having trouble with the MAMe 2.4. I run the gpe file and all i get is 3 games available, despite having more in there, and it starts to load and then just stops. As the lines of loading start i get five or six lines and then nothing else happens!

Also, with my neogeo emu, i run the rage2x.gpe file and i just get about 8 lines in red say various things along the lines of "bios missing". I have a neo geo bios in there and have tried 2 different ones. Do i have the wrong bios or is it in the wrong place!!???

Any help would be great! I know i read something about this on another thread but can't seem to find it now!

PS - WIZ ROCKS!!!!!

Ok,

Managed to get the MAME working. Just needed a different bios to the one i was using! Now the NEO GEO emu. These are the lines i keep getting when i run the .gpe file:

./roms/sf1x.sfx bios missing
./roms/000-lo .lo bios missing
./roms/un1-bios.rom bios missing
./roms/aes-bios.rom bios missing
./roms/vs-bios.rom bios missing
./roms/usa 2slt.bin bios missing
./roms/asia-s3.rom bios missing
./roms/sp-s2.sp1 bios missing

All these files are present in the bios that i have. I've followed the readme for the emu and put the bios in the roms folder, tried both zipped and unzipped but still the same thing! Am i putting it in the wrong place, is my bios dodgy?

Any help please! This is driving me nuts!!

jbrodack said:
you have to mess with ini files to install any games on the wiz? I haven't gotten a wiz so I'm not sure about this

No, this is to make the shortcuts appear in the Wiz Games menu, but you can open the programs directly by going into the launcher. Installing games on the Wiz just consists of copying folders onto SD cards. The ini shortcuts are nice though, and a lot of games come with them already made, you just have to copy them into the folder. It's really easy to make your own when they don't come with them though, just take one already made and change the info in it, then save it under the new name. Simple as pie.

Back