Pcsx4All - Can Not Run Any Games. Have Bios.

itscurbe

Still Fresh
I have PCSX4ALL installed on my GP2x wiz. I downloaded the bios and put it in the main directory for the emulator.

Every time I try to load a game (in this case, I've only tried abe's oddysee and Metal Slug, which I think are compatible), it goes back to the main PCSX4ALL menu. What did I do wrong??

also, I'm using an SD card, NOT the nand

thanks.

I feel like if someone could just explain the process in detail of putting a PSX iso it on their Wiz in the correct way that I would find out where I'm going wrong. for instance, when I was downloading neo geo roms I had no idea that I didn't need to unzip all of the files in the rom (figured that one out on my own). I just know there's something very simple that I'm not doing.

thanks

Well, I can't tell you much about downloading iso's (forum rules). The iso's that you have just go in the iso folder, do not unzip iso's. Bios scph1001.BIN goes in the main directory of the PCSX4ALL folder. It should work, Abe's Oddysee is the only game I have on there at the moment and it runs fine. Try a different iso or bin/cue to see if that makes any difference.

Orion4874 said:
Well, I can't tell you much about downloading iso's (forum rules). The iso's that you have just go in the iso folder, do not unzip iso's. Bios scph1001.BIN goes in the main directory of the PCSX4ALL folder. It should work, Abe's Oddysee is the only game I have on there at the moment and it runs fine. Try a different iso or bin/cue to see if that makes any difference.

The folder comes with more than one file in it titled "Abe's odysee".... is that normal?

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried putting the iso in there. it doesn't even show up on the list.

itscurbe said:
Orion4874 said:

The folder comes with more than one file in it titled "Abe's odysee".... is that normal?
Which folder has more than one file, your iso? The iso should be 1 zipped file and that's it. The iso doesn't go into a it's own folder.

Orion4874 said:
itscurbe said:
Orion4874 said:

Which folder has more than one file, your iso? The iso should be 1 zipped file and that's it. The iso doesn't go into a it's own folder.

I can't even get the ISO to show up on the list. it just has the two included executable files "bubba something" and wartris or whatever.

help, anyone?

Ok, try the game in bin/cue format. Same as before it goes in the isos folder. Just tested mine to be sure and had no problems. Maybe the iso you have is a bad dump.

Orion4874 said:
Ok, try the game in bin/cue format. Same as before it goes in the isos folder. Just tested mine to be sure and had no problems. Maybe the iso you have is a bad dump.

:lol: I finally got Abe's Odysee to work after I updated my system firmware. I still can't get Zip folders to show up though.

Back