Installed packages?

pmprog

DNF (Did Not Finish)
So, during the development of the Twitchbox app, I built LiveStreamer, which is a python thing, that also required PIP (or something like that).

It appears that one of them (or both?) have installed some packages/configuration on my local Pandora, which is why Twitchbox works okay here, but not for anyone else through the PND.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about Python. Is anybody able to point me to where to look?

Thanks

Pip is just an installer. It should not be a requirement except for installing the package itself. 

What you need to do is put these python packages either in a lib/ folder and use a EXPORT function to specify that you python sites packages are also there, or you could simply copy and paste these packages at the root of your application, and python should be able to find them directly this way when loading it up. 

If you use the "cut and paste" method, you can simply put the "modulefolder" in your root application directory, and I assume this module folder should, by default, contain a init___.py python script that will be required to initialize the module, and be recognized when you start up the executable.

By the way, you should never build something in CodeBlocks and expect it works out of Codeblocks without any modification. Check out what Codeblocks does when starting up, it builds a ton of symlinks here and there and you need to take care of that by yourself when packaging a separate PND. The best way to test it, is to create your executable and libs in a separate directory, and try to launch them from the terminal and not from codeblocks. Then you will see if your application really works, before making a PND. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, but the question was not where to put them, but where to find them. There are no exports or sets that seem to relate to python

It's obviously installed on my Pandora somewhere, but I don't know enough about the Linux file structure or Python.

By the way, you should never build something in CodeBlocks and expect it works out of Codeblocks without any modification
It wasn't built using Code::Blocks. The Pandora already has Python, so it's pointless loading CB for that purpose

Edit:

NVM, I've found that if you start the python interface, type "help()", then "modules" you get a list of modules, then typing the module name reveals it's install folder

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea, I'll need somebody else to test it, because it's still all configured on my device

Back