Inside The Gp2x - Version 1.1

This is nice, but you really need to update it for 2.0.0

The settings menu doesn't even have LCD Tweaker, or System menu in the images, and I heard that MKII's have the screen thing attached already.

Maybe you should include some clarifications about the whole screen thing as it surprised me quite a bit. The GP2X (At least the MKI) doesn't ship with the screen installed? Or where you simply talking about a screen protector (Which is what the picture looked like; if that's what you were talking about, then you should really fix the typo). I was only aware that all you had to do upon receiving the GP2X was to take off the thin layer that covers the screen (The one that a lot of people forget to take off), then you are good to go. Is this layer the same first layer mentioned in the article (the layer with the red tag on it?)? How many layers of protectors are on the screen when you get it (I'm guessing 2? The obvious outer layer that is found on many devices and has that red tag, and another thin layer underneath that many miss)? A better picture might help as it looked like you were just installing a screen protector (Which shouldn't be necessary; as a new user I would get the idea that I HAVE to use a screen protector for some reason).

(I personally hate screen protectors as they always degrade the clarity by at least some small margin, so I probably won't apply the screen protector. But, the article is confusing and makes it seem that it's necessary to apply the "screen," or the screen protector if that's what that is)

Azure, do you have a gp2x yet? Anyway, the "screen protector" is the plastic part that goes in front of the lcd, such as on a gp32, a ds, etc...

Azure, do you have a gp2x yet? Anyway, the "screen protector" is the plastic part that goes in front of the lcd, such as on a gp32, a ds, etc...
My GP2X is right beside, waiting peacefully in its UPS box for my SD card to arrive :)

I know what a screen protector is. The guide only said "screen," which can be misleading.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know what a screen protector is. The guide only said "screen," which can be misleading.

The screen that he's talking about in the guide isn't your normal screen protector which you are probably imagining(a thin sheet of plastic which you stick on and peel of when you want): it's actually a solid transparent plastic which you MUST place on your GPX or you will damage your unit. I would call it a "screen", not a "screen protector".
Why don't you just open your box and see it for yourself? That'll clear up all your doubts.

Back