Indonesia in a time warp???

Neelix

Insecticidal Maniac
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/qz8501-4-surabaya-airport/1571622.html

SURABAYA: Four officers at the Surabaya's Juanda International airport air traffic control were removed from their positions as they were directly responsible for failing to check the approved flight schedule for AirAsia, reported Detik.com on Tuesday (Jan 6).

According to Mr Wisnu Darjono, Indonesia AirNav's Director for Safety and Standard, the officers include the General Manager of AirNav Juanda airport.

Mr Wisnu added that the officers failed to check the Winter schedule for AirAsia that allows the airline to operate the Surabaya-Singapore route on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. Instead they had used the Summer schedule which allowed the airline to fly on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
WTF? Surabaya is well south of the equator. It is Summer there. So what this is saying is that 4 people were fired for following the correct schedule when approving the flight.

Mind blown...

don't mind me... just felt the need to share just how mind boggling this is...

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like the writer Channel NewsAisa is based in Singapore...

winter for them so isnt it for everyone?? lol
Well that might explain why the Singapore based journalist didn't pick up on it, but they were quoting an Indonesian official from Air Nav Indonesia, and based on their website Air Nav Indonesia seem to be based in Jakarta, which is on the same island as Surabaya, the entirety of which is south of the equator.

- Neelix

Yep, I just really don't understand their logic. They will blame anything that is blame-able

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia btw

And now I have a Rocky Horror Picture Show song stuck in my head.  Thanks.

And now I have a Rocky Horror Picture Show song stuck in my head.  Thanks.
which one???

never mind... bit slow tonight.... its just a jump to the left.....lol
534px-How_to_dance_the_%22Time_Warp%22_from_%22The_Rocky_Horror_Pictures_Show%22.gif

Back