In Need Of REPAIR

So I was about to go upstirs to my apartment, I pull out my pandora, listening to music mind you, and BAM! It falls out of my hand onto the floor. Obviously it still works, I'm using it now, but something terrible happened. It landed directly on the R shoulder button, shoving it inside itself. I had managed to pull it out of itself but the button wouldn't press. Thinking it must be stuck inside I open it up, mostly, and the literal button inside the machine falls out. It had apparently hit so hard that it had disconnected from the inside.

Everything works and the scratches aren't even that bad, but I no longer have an R shoulder button. Well, technically I do, I kept it and put it inside the box my pandora came in, which I also kept because that box is 2legit2quit.

What should I do to go about having my pandora repair and does it have a warranty that I'm not aware of? Who should I email, where should I be prepared to ship my pandora off to, how much will it cost, etcetera.

I appreciate all answers.

As an offering here is an animated gif of some kittens having a kung fu battle.View attachment This_is_so_awesome_that_i_ll_post_my_most_epic__0ea6c9edaa17712458f4ce478f2a7576.gif

Are you saying the internal part that connects to the PCB is no longer attached, basically a clicking white piece mounted to a silver bracket?

I don't know if that's something I could fix on this side of the pond.

Are you saying the internal part that connects to the PCB is no longer attached, basically a clicking white piece mounted to a silver bracket?

I don't know if that's something I could fix on this side of the pond.

That is exactly what I mean. The physical button clicky from inside the device is now outside of the device.

EDIT

Would it be possible for me to get someone to solder it back on to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
What should I do to go about having my pandora repair and does it have a warranty that I'm not aware of?

Perhaps in addition to the gif of the kittens you could post a picture of the damage (use macro mode on your camera if it has one) that might help people advise you on the best way to fix it.

As for warranty, I think you're confusing it with insurance, warranties cover defects in the hardware present / latent at time of purchase, not accidental damage.

What should I do to go about having my pandora repair and does it have a warranty that I'm not aware of?

Perhaps in addition to the gif of the kittens you could post a picture of the damage (use macro mode on your camera if it has one) that might help people advise you on the best way to fix it.

As for warranty, I think you're confusing it with insurance, warranties cover defects in the hardware present / latent at time of purchase, not accidental damage.

Photographing the damage would require me to open the pandora. I could take a picture of the button thing that fell out though and post it tomorrow, but I am pretty sure there is no confusion about what that is.

Also, I see what you mean. I was thinking of the insurance for delivery but obviously that was for delivery, so is not relevant here.

A picture is needed. If the pads that the button was soldered to are still intact, then it is possible to solder a new one to the board. If the pads are damaged, there's isn't anything that can be done.

Ok, so I will post pictures of the button part and the inside where it connected. I would definitely need a new button though, because it seems jammed (the actual button that fell out), if that's possible. In the event that it cannot be repaired would, however drastic this might seem, replacing the whole board be practical? As in, how much does that cost?

This would be a last resort obviously. My pandora works completely without the r button, it is just a pretty big inconvenience, which I have a history of being more patient than most about. So what I'm saying is /eventually/ I would like to get this fixed. Until then I'll live with it. Hopefully it can be soldered.

Here are the pictures. I threw in a picture of the left button for comparison. Obviously the difference being that it's there and the right one is not.

So what's the verdict? Can my pandora be fixed?

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

This looks like an easy solderjob for someone experienced with an iron. You need to get the button though as it seems to be broken off.

I'm not talking about the black button externally, I'm talking about the piece that broke off. If that's not clicking, then ???? I have a unit sitting here with a dead shoulder button due to the button internally not clicking. I don't know if this is a solder job or what needs to be done. I would consider this a 2nd level repair and see if you can get it to ED unless he chimes in here otherwise with a fix.

Yes I am talking about the actual internal button. It does not click. If I need to send it to ed thats fine, but I do need a new internal right shoulder button.

Back